The House Select Committee on Education Reform C will host a public hearing on a House education bill Tuesday at 8 a.m. in the House Chamber.
The House advanced House Bill 206 and other bills to third reading with right to amend. This is an originating bill that marked several changes from a bill that passed out of the Senate. An outline of some of the major changes can be viewed here.
The House passed 11 bills Monday:
- S.B. 1015- Supplemental appropriation to the Secretary of State, General Administrative Fees Account.
- S.B. 1017- Supplemental appropriation to the Department of Arts, Culture, and History, Educational Broadcasting Authority.
- S.B. 1020- Supplementing and amending Chapter 31, Acts of the Legislature, 2019, known as Budget Bill.
- S.B. 1021- Decreasing existing appropriation and adding appropriation to Department of Veterans’ Assistance.
- S.B. 1023- Supplementing, amending, increasing, and adding items of appropriations to Attorney General, Consolidated Federal Fund.
- S.B. 1024- Supplemental appropriation to Department of Agriculture Capital Improvements Fund.
- S.B. 1025- Supplemental appropriation to DHHR, Division of Human Services for fiscal year ending June 30, 2019.
- S.B. 1027- Adding new items and increasing existing items to various accounts. This bill heads to the Senate to concur with amendments adopted in the House.
- H.B. 113- Establishing tax incentives for new business activity in qualified opportunity zones.
- H.B. 154- Making a supplementary appropriation to the Department of Transportation, Division of Highways.
- H.B. 155- Supplementing, amending, and increasing an item from the State Road Fund to the Department of Transportation, Division of Highways.
The House advanced 11 other bills to third reading with right to amend:
- H.B. 132- Supplementing and amending existing items of appropriations to the Department of Agriculture.
- H.B. 134- Increasing annual salaries of public school teachers and school service personnel.
- H.B. 144- West Virginia Business Ready Sites Program.
- H.B. 146- Establishing and funding of substance use disorder treatment and recovery facilities.
- H.B. 148- Making a supplementary appropriation to the Executive, Governor’s Office.
- H.B. 149- Making a supplementary appropriation to the Executive, Governor’s Office, Civil Contingent Fund.
- H.B. 150- Making a supplementary appropriation to the Department of Revenue, Office of the Secretary, Home Rule Board Operations Fund.
- H.B. 151- Making a supplementary appropriation to the Department of Arts, Culture and History, Lottery Education Fund.
- H.B. 152- Making a supplementary appropriation by adding a new item and increasing the expenditure to the Department of Revenue, State Budget Office.
- H.B. 153- Making a supplementary appropriation to the Department of Health and Human Resources, Division of Health, Central Office.
- H.B. 156- Making a supplementary appropriation to the Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Environmental Protection.
H.B. 168- Establishing the West Virginia Equal Opportunity Education Scholarship program was taken up for immediate consideration and advanced to second reading.
The House is adjourned until 11 a.m Tuesday. The public hearing on H.B. 206 will take place at 8 a.m. Tuesday in the House Chamber and the House Committee on Rules will meet at 10:45 a.m. behind the House Chamber.