(a) Terms of license and certificate:
(1) The board shall provide for the term and renewal of licenses and certificates under this section;
(2) The term of a license or certificate may not be more than three years;
(3) A license or a certificate expires at the end of its term, unless the license or certificate is renewed for a term as provided by the board.
(b) Renewal notice. At least one month before the license or certificate expires, the board shall send to the licensee or certificate holder, by first-class mail to the last known address of the licensee, a renewal notice that states:
(1) The date on which the current license or certificate expires;
(2) The date by which the renewal application must be received by the board for the renewal to be issued and mailed before the license or certificate expires; and
(3) The amount of the renewal fee.
(c) Applications for renewal. Before the license or certificate expires, the licensee or certificate holder periodically may renew it for an additional term, if the licensee or certificate holder:
(1) Otherwise is entitled to be licensed or certified;
(2) Pays to the board a renewal fee set by the board; and
(3) Submits to the board:
(A) A renewal application on the form that the board requires; and
(B) Satisfactory evidence of compliance with any continuing education requirements set under this section for license or certificate renewal.
(d) In addition to any other qualifications and requirements established by the board, the board may establish continuing education requirements as a condition to the renewal of licenses and certificates under this section.
(e) The board shall renew the license of and issue a renewal certificate to each licensee and certificate holder who meets the requirements of this section.
(f) A licensee may advertise only as permitted by rules adopted by the board.
(g) A certificate holder recognized as an auricular detoxification specialist is prohibited from needling any acupuncture body points beyond the scope of auricular acudetox, and may not advertise themselves as an acupuncturist: Provided, That nothing contained in this section prohibits a person from practicing within his or her scope of practice as authorized by law.