Member's Press Release
Release Date: 02/27/2020
Contact: Jared Hunt at (304) 340-3323
House of Delegates
On the Agenda: Friday in the House of Delegates
Here’s what’s scheduled for Friday in the House of Delegates:
Friday, February 28, 2020
52nd Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
MEMORIAL RESOLUTION (to be introduced)
- H.R. 9 - Memorializing the life of the Honorable Jody Guthrie Smirl, dedicated wife, mother, grandmother, and public servant.
THIRD READING – For Passage
- S. B. 202 - Allowing one member of PSD board to be county commissioner
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 240 - Requiring hotels and restaurants secure manhole covers of certain grease traps
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 241 - Requiring State Board of Education develop method for student transportation costs as stand-alone consideration (Education Committee Title Amendment Pending)
- S. B. 281 - Removing residency requirement for persons applying for reappointment to municipal police dept
- S. B. 509 - Relating to custodial allocation actions independent of divorce
- S. B. 523 - Extending deadline for municipalities to offer Social Security coverage to certain municipal retirement system members
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 529 - Establishing limitations on claims and benefits against state
- S. B. 552 - Requiring contracts of $25,000 or more be competitively bid
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 576 - Relating to management of public records
- S. B. 652 - Authorizing School Building Authority promulgate legislative rules
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 686 - Exempting contract and common carrier laws for certain vehicles
- S. B. 703 - Increasing earning limit for employees who accept separation incentive
- S. B. 712 - Correcting name of Forensic Analysis Laboratory
- S. B. 781 - Relating to reports regarding collaborative agreements between community and technical colleges and federally registered apprenticeship programs
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 201 - Relating generally to criminal offenses of stalking and harassment
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 225 - Empowering municipalities to enact Adopt-A-Street programs
- S. B. 307 - Correcting code citation relating to certain tax liens
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 583 - Creating program to further development of renewable energy resources (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
- S. B. 610 - Removing resident manager requirement for Alcohol Beverage Control Administration
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 625 - Creating one-day annual license to permit charitable auction of sealed rare, antique, or vintage liquor bottles
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 706 - Clarifying duties of law-enforcement training and certification subcommittee
- S. B. 789 - Repealing obsolete sections of WV Code relating to Legislature
- S. B. 816 - Updating North American Industry Classification System code references
- S. B. 849 - Relating to military service as factor in certain insurance coverage rates
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 6 - Allowing DOH issue permits for certain tractors with certain trailers not exceeding specified maximum axle weights
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 96 - Prohibiting municipalities from limiting persons' rights to possess certain weapons (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 232 - Removing outdated prohibitions against electronic or mechanical ticket dispensers and readers
- S. B. 562 - Expunging certain criminal convictions (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 649 - Permitting county emergency phone system directors negotiate contracts for mobile phones
- S. B. 651 - Relating to definition of "mortgage loan originator"
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on Government Organization
9:00 a.m. - Room 215 E
- Com. Sub. for SB 163, Relating to municipal or county taxation of hotel rooms booked through marketplace facilitator.
- Com. Sub. for Com. Sub. for SB 491, Relating to Seed Certification Program.
- SCR 25, Requesting study on impact of future electromagnetic pulse catastrophe. (2nd reference to Committee on Rules)
- Com. Sub. for SB 705, Allowing military veterans with certain experience qualify for examination as electrician or plumber.
- Originating: HCR Blank, Requesting the Joint Committee on Government and Finance study the Division of Personnel. (2nd reference to Committee on Rules)
- Com. Sub. for SB 751, Removing certain requirements of municipality annexing property within urban growth boundary.
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 410 M
(***Agenda to be posted.***)
Committee on Finance
9:00 a.m. - Room 460 M
- S. B. 803, Supplemental appropriation of money out of General Revenue Fund to DHHR.
- S. B. 804, Supplemental appropriation of moneys from Treasury to PSC, Consumer Advocate Fund.
- S. B. 805, Supplemental appropriation of moneys from Treasury to WV Commuter Rail Access Fund.
- S. B. 806, Supplemental appropriation out of federal funds in Treasury to DOT.
- S. B. 812, Supplemental appropriation from Lottery Net Profits to Bureau of Senior Services.
- S. B. 289, Creating Green Alert Plan.
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 175, Requiring certain agencies maintain website which contains specific information.
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 530, Relating to taxation of aircraft.
- S. B. 545, Authorizing transfer of moneys from Insurance Commission Fund to Workers' Compensation Old Fund.
Committee on Education
9:00 a.m. - Room 432 M
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 230, Requiring State Board of Education provide routine education in suicide prevention.
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 303, Enacting Students' Right to Know Act.
- S. B. 680, Qualifying not-for-profit private baccalaureate institutions for Advanced Career Education programs and WV Invests Grant Program.
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 702, Designating specific grade levels in which nutrition and physical fitness programs are taught.
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
- 9:45 a.m. – Town of Pinegrove Citation, Delegate Pethtel
- 10:00 a.m. – Herbert Hoover Citation, Delegate D. Jeffries
From the Activity Calendar:
Domestic and Sexual Violence Awareness Day
Upper House Rotunda
WV Adult Education Association
Upper Senate Rotunda