Member's Press Release
Release Date: 02/26/2020
Contact: Jared Hunt at (304) 340-3323
House of Delegates
On the Agenda: Thursday in the House of Delegates
Here’s what’s scheduled Thursday in the House of Delegates:
Thursday, February 27, 2020
51st Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 586 - Reorganizing and re-designating Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety as Department of Homeland Security
- S. B. 727 - Relating to disbursement of funds for highway road repair
- S. B. 734 - Clarifying powers and duties of DOH in acquiring property for state road purposes
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
- S. B. 202 - Allowing one member of PSD board to be county commissioner
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 225 - Empowering municipalities to enact Adopt-A-Street programs
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 240 - Requiring hotels and restaurants secure manhole covers of certain grease traps (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 241 - Requiring State Board of Education develop method for student transportation costs as stand-alone consideration (Education Committee Title Amendment Pending)
- S. B. 281 - Removing residency requirement for persons applying for reappointment to municipal police dept
- S. B. 307 - Correcting code citation relating to certain tax liens
- S. B. 509 - Relating to custodial allocation actions independent of divorce
- S. B. 523 - Extending deadline for municipalities to offer Social Security coverage to certain municipal retirement system members (Pensions and Retirement Committee Amendment Pending)
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 529 - Establishing limitations on claims and benefits against state (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
- S. B. 552 - Requiring contracts of $25,000 or more be competitively bid (Government Organization Committee Amendment Pending)
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 576 - Relating to management of public records
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 583 - Creating program to further development of renewable energy resources (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
- S. B. 652 - Authorizing School Building Authority promulgate legislative rules
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 686 - Exempting contract and common carrier laws for certain vehicles
- S. B. 703 - Increasing earning limit for employees who accept separation incentive
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 706 - Clarifying duties of law-enforcement training and certification subcommittee
- S. B. 712 - Correcting name of Forensic Analysis Laboratory
- S. B. 781 - Relating to reports regarding collaborative agreements between community and technical colleges and federally registered apprenticeship programs
- S. B. 816 - Updating North American Industry Classification System code references
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 201 - Relating generally to criminal offenses of stalking and harassment
- S. B. 610 - Removing resident manager requirement for Alcohol Beverage Control Administration
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 625 - Creating one-day annual license to permit charitable auction of sealed rare, antique, or vintage liquor bottles
- S. B. 789 - Repealing obsolete sections of WV Code relating to Legislature
Committee on the Judiciary
8:30 a.m. - House Chamber
Com. Sub. for S. B. 275, Creating Intermediate Court of Appeals.
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on Health and Human Resources
8:30 a.m. - Room 215 E
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 288, Relating to family planning and child spacing.
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 575, Designating local fire department as safe-surrender site to accept physical custody of certain children from lawful custodian.
- S. B. 641, Allowing WVCHIP flexibility in rate setting.
- S. B. 647, Permitting physician's assistants and advanced practice registered nurses issue do-not-resuscitate orders.
- S. B. 664, Adding physician's assistant to list of medical professionals capable of determining if individual lacks capacity.
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 689, Enacting Requiring Accountable Pharmaceutical Transparency, Oversight, and Reporting Act.
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 746, Providing contracted managed care companies access to uniform maternal screening tool.
- S. B. 747, Requiring Bureau for Public Health develop Diabetes Action Plan.
- S. B. 748, Increasing awareness of palliative care services.
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 749, Requiring Fatality and Mortality Review Team share data with CDC.
- S. B. 767, Relating to licensure of hospitals.
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 770, Revising requirements for post-doctoral training.
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 787, Providing benefits to pharmacists for rendered care.
- Consideration of Study Resolutions
Committee on Energy
9:00 a.m. - Room 410 M
- H. C. R. 12, Feasibility study of extracting rare earth elements from coal ash
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
- 10:00 a.m. – Cabell Midland High School Band, Delegate Worrell
From the Activity Calendar:
Upper House and Senate Rotundas
*** Agendas and meeting times subject to change. ***