Member's Press Release
Release Date: 02/18/2020
Contact: Jared Hunt at (304) 340-3323
House of Delegates
On the Agenda: Wednesday in the House of Delegates
Here’s what’s scheduled Wednesday in the House of Delegates:
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
43rd Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11:15 a.m. On the agenda:
- H. C. R. 4 - U. S. Marine Corps LCpl Michael Linn Cooper Memorial Bridge
- Com. Sub. for H. C. R. 13 - Watts Brothers Memorial Road
- H. C. R. 14 - U. S. Army, Staff Sargent Wendell Otho Casto Memorial Bridge
- Com. Sub. for H. C. R. 17 - U. S. Army PFC William E. "Ed" Smith and W. Va. Army Nat. Guard SSG Edward L. "Eddie" Smith Memorial Bridge
- H. C. R. 19 - Gold Star Families Highway
- Com. Sub. for H. C. R. 20 - U. S. Army PFC James Ray Miller Memorial Bridge
- Com. Sub. for H. C. R. 21 - U. S. Army Specialist, Four, Franklin D. Ashley II Memorial Bridge
- Com. Sub. for H. C. R. 32 - Wolfe Brothers, Edward, William, Paul, George and Fred, WW II Veterans Memorial Bridge
- Com. Sub. for H. C. R. 33 - U.S.A.F. Lt Col Frederick Donald Belknap Memorial Bridge
- H. C. R. 34 - Requesting the Division of Highways to place at least 10 additional signs along highways entering West Virginia honoring fallen veterans and Gold Star Families
- H. C. R. 35 - U.S. Navy BT 2nd Wade E. Burnside Memorial Bridge
- H. C. R. 38 - U. S. Army PFC Nile C. Ballard Memorial Road
- H. C. R. 39 - Coach Kenny Wright Road
- H. C. R. 45 - U. S. Army Sgt John Matthew Tully Memorial Bridge
- H. C. R. 52 - U. S. Army PFC Paul Eugene Gregg Memorial Bridge
- H. C. R. 53 - U. S. Army Air Corps T SGT Ralph H. Ray Memorial Bridge
- Com. Sub. for H. C. R. 54 - PFC Marvin K. "Sonny" Sherman Memorial Bridge
- H. C. R. 55 - Pendleton County Veterans Killed in Action Memorial Bridge
- H. C. R. 62 - USMC Cpl Guy Maywood Edwards Memorial Bridge
- H. C. R. 65 - U. S. Army TEC5 Donald "Tiny" Lucas Memorial Bridge
- H. C. R. 70 - U. S. Army Air Corps Private Albert J. Sutphin Memorial Highway
THIRD READING – For Passage
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2028 - Limiting supervision of laying of lines on state rights-of-way
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2663 - Exempting buildings or structures utilized exclusively for agricultural purposes from the provisions of the State Building Code
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4099 - Eliminating the permit for shampoo assistants
- H. B. 4450 - Relating to instruction permits issued by the Division of Motor Vehicles
- H. B. 4499 - Relating to multicounty trail network authorities
- H. B. 4504 - Relating to renewal application requirements for individuals with permanent disabilities
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4537 - Permitting DNR to issue up to 100 permits for boats greater than 10 horsepower on Upper Mud River Lake
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4543 - Relating to insurance coverage for diabetics
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4620 - Redefining definition of "recovery residence"
- H. B. 4714 - Increasing the monetary threshold for requiring nonprofit organizations to register as a charitable organization
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4734 - Rewriting the article on registered professional nurses
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4773 - Creating a workgroup to investigate and recommend screening protocols for adverse childhood trauma in this state
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 209 - Relating to annexation by minor boundary adjustment
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 339 - Authorizing DHHR promulgate legislative rules (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4015 - Relating to Broadband Enhancement and Expansion
- H. B. 4039 - Providing limitations on nuisance actions against fire department and emergency medical services
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4422 - The Patient Brokering Act
- H. B. 4514 - Permitting the use of leashed dogs to track mortally wounded deer or bear
- H. B. 4529 - Relating to the collection of assessments and the priority of liens on property within a resort area
- H. B. 4589 - Conducting study for an appropriate memorial for West Virginians killed in the War on Terror
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4593 - Authorizing the assignment of poll workers to serve more than one precinct under certain circumstances
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4594 - Allowing poll workers to be appointed to work in precincts outside their county
- H. B. 4697 - Removing the restriction that a mini-distillery use raw agricultural products originating on the same premises
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4747 - Extending electronic submission of various applications and forms for nonprofit and charitable organizations, professionals and licensees
- H. B. 4749 - Providing more efficient application processes for private investigators, security guards, and firms
- H. B. 4777 - Relating to the right of disposition of remains
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4852 - Relating to the penalties for the manufacture, delivery, possession, or possession with intent to manufacture or deliver methamphetamine
- H. B. 4864 - Relating to performance reviews of state agencies and regulatory boards
- H. B. 4865 - Requiring certain boards that seek to increase a fee or seek to impose a new fee to also submit cost saving measures
- H. B. 4956 - Relating generally to the partition of real property
- S. B. 573 - Supplementing, amending, and increasing appropriations of public moneys for claims against state
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 623 - Allowing noncitizen of US be eligible for teaching certificate
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2321 - Allowing workers’ compensation benefits for first responders diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 3098 - Allowing the same business owner to brew and sell beer to also distill and sell liquor
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4363 - Establishing the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources Police Officer Retirement System
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4408 - Requiring the State Board of Education to develop and implement an online database for the employment of school principals
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4452 - Modifying the notice requirements for the redemption of delinquent properties
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4474 - Relating to peer-to-peer car sharing programs
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4522 - Allowing division to accept documents compliant with Real ID Act for proof of identity
- H. B. 4523 - Removing the limitation of number of apprentice hunting and trapping licenses a person may purchase
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4557 - Relating to centers and institutions that provide the care and treatment of mentally ill or intellectually disabled individuals
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4634 - Southern West Virginia Lake Development Study Commission Act
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4645 - Establishing the Office of Regulatory and Fiscal Affairs under the Joint Committee on Government and Finance
- H. B. 4737 - Clarifying student eligibility for state-sponsored financial aid
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 4820 - Relating to inventory of firearms owned by state agencies
Committee on the Judiciary
8:30 a.m. - House Chamber
- S.C.R. 4, Urging Congress call convention to propose amendment on congressional term limits.
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on Finance
9:00 a.m. - Room 460 M
- H. B. 2149, Relating to the Farm-To-Food Bank Tax Credit.
- H. B. 4859, Accounting for state funds distributed to volunteer and part-volunteer fire companies and departments.
- H. B. 4421, Natural Gas Liquids Economic Development Act.
Committee on the Judiciary
9:30 a.m. - Room 410 M
- H. B. 4797, Authorizing municipalities to enact ordinances that allow the municipal court to place a structure, dwelling or building into receivership,
- H. B. 4485, Reorganizing and redesignating the Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety as the Department of Homeland Security,
- H. B. 2088, Relating to admissibility of certain evidence in a civil action for damages,
- H. B. 4837, Eliminating the ability of a person's driver's license to be suspended for the failure to pay court fines and costs,
- H. B. 4619, Approving plans proposed by electric utilities to install middle-mile broadband fiber,
- H. B. 4853, Relating to a customer constructing a connection or other infrastructure necessary for the customer to connect to the public utility,
- H. B. 4396, Relating to reporting suspected governmental fraud,
- H. B. 4433, Relating to deeds of trust,
- H. B. 4760, Modifying video lottery retailer licensing eligibility requirements,
- H. B. 4946, Eliminating the requirement that municipal police civil service commissions certify a list of three individuals for every position vacancy
Committee on Rules
11:00 a.m. - Behind Chamber
Committee on Government Organization
5:30 p.m. - Room 215 E
- HB 4464, Relating to driving privileges and requirements for persons under the age of 18.
- HB 4495, Extending the validity of a level one instruction driver's permit.
- HB 4447, Creating the shared table initiative for senior citizens who suffer from food insecurity.
- Com Sub for SB 576, Relating to management of public records.
- HB 4887, Relating to revocation, cancellation, or suspension of business registration certificates.
- HB 4886, Requiring the PSC and the DOH to submit reports concerning activity on the Coal Resource Transportation Road System.
- HB 4884, Relating to a charitable or public service organization must submit a certifying statement attesting to its status.
- HB 4882, Authorizing limited sampling and limited sale of wine for off-premises consumption to wineries not licensed in the state.
- HB 4823, Developing a plan for periodic audits of the expenditure of the fees from the emergency 911 telephone system and wireless enhanced 911.
- HB 4803, Directing the State Fire Commission to promulgate a legislative rule related to code official certification standards.
- HB 4791, Altering the definition of a specialty contractor under the West Virginia Contractor Licensing Act.
- HB Blank (Originating), Relating to clarifying the authorities of the Economic Development Authority and Water Development Authority.
- HB 4792, Relating to the board of public works assessing a flat fee on land owned by a railroad, telegraph, telephone, or pipeline under certain conditions. (2nd reference to Finance)
- SB 281, Removing residency requirement for persons applying for reappointment to municipal police dept.
- HB 4746, Establishing a registry of persons with a communication disability.
- HB 4606, Listing contractor classifications on a contractor license.
- HB 4360, Exempting certain persons from heating, ventilating, and cooling system licensing requirements.
- HB Blank (Originating), Exempting from licensure as an electrician a person who installs low voltage electrical wiring.
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
From the Activity Calendar:
WV Soft Drink Association
Upper House Rotunda
WV Rural Water Association
Upper Senate Rotunda