Member's Press Release
Release Date: 01/27/2020
House of Delegates
On the Agenda: Tuesday in the House of Delegates
Here’s what’s scheduled Tuesday in the House of Delegates:
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
21st Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
- Sub. for H. B. 2497 - Relating to the whistle-blower law
- B. 4089 - Requiring cursive writing to be taught
- B. 4365 - Granting of college credit hours for learning English as a second language
- B. 4480 - Relating to legislative rules for the Higher Education Policy Commission
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
- Sub. for S. B. 323 - Authorizing Department of Administration promulgate legislative rules
- Sub. for H. B. 2419 - Relating to the authorization to release a defendant or a person arrested upon his or her own recognizance
- Sub. for H. B. 2433 - Modifying the school calendar to begin not earlier than Labor Day and end prior to Memorial Day
- Sub. for H. B. 2877 - Relating to charging a fee for parking in an accessible parking space bearing the international symbol of access
- B. 4030 - Increasing limit for application for original appointment as a firefighter to 40 years of age for honorably discharged veterans
- Sub. for H. B. 4026 - Exempting businesses transporting scrap tires, waste tires, or other used tires, from certain statutory provisions
- B. 4353 - Creating a rational nexus requirement between prior criminal conduct and initial licensure decision making
- B. 4476 - Providing for the timely and efficient collection, submission, testing, retention, and disposition of forensic evidence in sexual assault cases
- B. 4496 - Removing the specific mandate of the Board of Risk and Insurance Management to purchase liability insurance for the Division of Corrections
- B. 4501 - Relating to the ability to refuse offenders for commitment to a jail
- B. 4510 - Prohibiting bodily intrusion by an inmate upon any person at any correctional facility
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 418 M
- B. 4540, Authorizing the appointment, qualifications, certification, authority, compensation, and training of hospital police officers,
- B. 2164, Clarifying that appeals to the Supreme Court are a matter of right,
- B. 4061, Health Benefit Plan Network Access and Adequacy Act,
- Sub. for S. B. 311, Relating to court-ordered community service
Committee on Finance
9:00 a.m. - Room 462 M
- Budget Hearing for the Higher Education Policy Commission
- Budget Hearing for the Community and Technical College System
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security
2:00 p.m. - Room 215 E
- B. 4383, Facilitating Business Rapid Response to State Declared Disasters Act of 2020.
- B. 2685, Refugee Information Act
Pensions and Retirement
2:00 p.m. - Room 462 M
- Originating bill: Including beneficiary of death benefit in calculation of the distribution of premium tax proceeds to municipal policemen’s and firemen’s pension and relief funds.
- Originating bill: Including persons in Deferred retirement option plans (DROP) in the calculation of the distribution of premium tax proceeds to municipal policemen’s and firemen’s pension and relief funds.
Committee on Energy
4:00 p.m. - Room 418 M
(***Agenda to be posted.***)
Health and Human Resources
4:00 p.m. - Room 215 E
- HB 3049 - Improving dissemination of boiled water advisories to affected communities.
- HB 4434 - West Virginia health care workforce sustainability study (2nd reference to Finance)
- HB 4356 - Relating to the administration of anesthetics.
- HB 4102 - Relating to opioid antagonists.
- HB 4059 - Increasing access to long acting reversible contraception.
- HB 4198 - Permitting a person to obtain a 12-month supply of contraceptive drugs.
- HB 4375 - Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists Compact. (2nd reference to Judiciary)
- HB 4422 - The Patient Brokering Act. (2nd reference to Judiciary)
- HB 4427 - Relating to the Psychology Interjurisdictional Compact.
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
- 10:00 a.m. – AARP Citation, Delegate Summers
From the Activity Calendar:
Upper House Rotunda
WV Environmental Council E-Day
Upper Senate Rotunda
WV Beer Wholesalers Legislative Reception
*** Agendas and meeting times subject to change. ***