Member's Press Release
Release Date: 01/21/2020
Contact: Jared Hunt at (304) 340-3323
House of Delegates
On the Agenda: Wednesday in the House of Delegates
Here’s what’s scheduled Wednesday in the House of Delegates:
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
15th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
- Sub. for H. B. 2086 - Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act
- Sub. for H. B. 4077 - Increasing the amount of the bond required to be posted by proprietary schools
- Sub. for H. B. 4119 - Establishing the crime of torture
- B. 4417 - Relating to permitting professional boards
- B. 4419 - Relating to the Controlled Substance Monitoring Database
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
- J. R. 102 - Providing the West Virginia Legislature rulemaking oversight of the board of education
- Sub. for H. B. 4058 - Relating to pharmacy benefit managers
- Sub. for H. B. 4094 - Continuing the Foster Care Ombudsman
- Sub. for H. B. 4275 - Authorizing Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety promulgate legislative rules relating to the Fire Commission
- Sub. for S. B. 94 - Providing persons with physical disabilities ability to vote by electronic absentee ballot
- Sub. for H. B. 4002 - Creating a felony crime relating to drug delivery resulting in death
- Sub. for H. B. 4388 - Limiting the Alcohol Beverage Control Commissioner's authority to restrict advertising
- B. 4393 - Relating to making suffocation and asphyxiation crimes
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Fire Departments and Emergency Medical Services
9:00 a.m. - Room 215 E
- B. 4030, Increasing the age limit of an honorably discharged veteran of the United States Armed Forces or National Guard to 40 years of age.
- B. 4409, Relating to transferring remaining funds from the Volunteer Fire Department Workers' Compensation Premium Subsidy Fund.
- B. 4429, Relating to the distribution of the assets remaining in a municipal policemen's or firemen's pension.
Technology and Infrastructure
9:00 a.m. - Room 418 M
- House Bill 4295, Division of Highways, use of state road rights of way and adjacent areas
- House Bill 4296, Division of Highways, small wireless facilities on Division of Highways rights-of-way
- House Bill 2338, Allowing the owner of an antique military vehicle to display alternate registration insignia
- House Bill 4083, Requiring the West Virginia Parkways Authority to accept the use of credit and debit cards for paying tolls
- House Bill 2961, Permitting the commissioner to require a water supply system be equipped with a backflow prevention assembly
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
Industry and Labor
1:00 p.m. - Room 418 M
- House Bill 4358, Relating to the licensing of electricians
- House Bill 4360, Exempting certain persons from heating, ventilating, and cooling system licensing requirements
Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
1:00 p.m. - Room 215 E
- B. 4267, Department of Commerce, small business innovation research and small business technology transfer matching funds program.
- B. 2478, Modifying the Fair Trade Practices Act.
- B. 4074, Allowing the issuance of special licenses for one-day charitable events for the sale, serving, and auctioning of beer, and alcoholic liquors
Senior, Children and Family Issues
3:00 p.m. - Room 215 E
- Presentation on Grand Families by Bonnie Dunn, Extension Specialist at West Virginia State University
Committee on the Judiciary
5:00 p.m. - Room 418 M
(***Agenda to be posted.***)
Committee on Education
5:00 p.m. - Room 434 M
- B. 2433, Modifying the school calendar to begin not earlier than Labor Day and end prior to Memorial Day.
- B. 4365, Granting of college credit hours for learning English as a second language.
- B. 2775, Requiring each high school student to complete a one-half credit course of study in personal finance.
- B. 4089, Requiring cursive writing to be taught.
- B. 4143, Creating the Business PROMISE+ Scholarship
Committee on Finance
5:00 p.m. - Room 462 M
- Budget Hearing from state Attorney General’s Office
- B. 4250, State Conservation Committee, state conservation committee grant program (2nd reference to Judiciary)
- B. 4251, State Tax Department, payment of taxes by electronic funds transfer (2nd reference to Judiciary)
- B. 4331, Racing Commission, thoroughbred racing (2nd reference to Judiciary)
- B. 4343, State Tax Department, consumer sales and service tax (2nd reference to Judiciary)
- B. 4344, State Tax Department, exchange of information pursuant to written agreement (2nd reference to Judiciary)
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
- 10:15 a.m. – Disability Advocacy Citation, Delegate Fleischauer
From the Activity Calendar:
Disability Advocacy Day
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas
Disability Advocacy Rally
9:30 a.m. Attorney General Rotunda
Upper House Walkway
IOGA WV Reception (Invitation Only)
6 – 7:30 p.m.
West Virginia State Medical Association and WV State Rheumatology Society Legislative Reception
5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
*** Agendas and meeting times subject to change. ***