Here’s what’s scheduled Tuesday in the House of Delegates:
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
14th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 4017 - Establishing country roads accountability and transparency
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 4020 - Removing authority of municipalities to require occupational licensure if licensure for the occupation is required by the state
· H. B. 4062 - Reducing the cost of prescription drugs
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 4108 - Relating generally to certificates of need for health care services
· H. B. 4130 - Relating to competitive bidding for government construction contracts arising out of declared states of emergency
· H. B. 4141 - Requiring the Department of Administration to publish its comprehensive annual financial report by the end of December
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2086 - Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 4077 - Increasing the amount of the bond required to be posted by proprietary schools
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 4119 - Establishing the crime of torture
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 4275 - Fire Commission, state fire code
· H. B. 4417 - Relating to permitting professional boards
· H. B. 4419 - Relating to the Controlled Substance Monitoring Database
· H. J. R. 102 - Providing the West Virginia Legislature rulemaking oversight of the board of education
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 4058 - Relating to pharmacy benefit managers
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 4094 - Continuing the Foster Care Ombudsman
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 418 M
· H. B. 4129, Relating to adoption,
· H. B. 4092, Relating to foster care,
· H. B. 2419, Relating to the authorization to release a defendant or a person arrested upon his or her own recognizance,
· H. B. 2877, Relating to charging a fee for parking in an accessible parking space bearing the international symbol of access,
· H. B. 4166, Prohibiting certain sex offenders from being in a supervisory position over children
Committee on Government Organization
9:00 a.m. - Room 215 E
(***Agenda to be posted.***)
Committee on Education
9:00 a.m. - Room 434 M
· Higher Education Policy Commission and CTC Council Rules Bill
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security
2:00 p.m. - Room 215 E
· H.C.R. 3, Researching and making recommendations regarding construction of a veterans’ nursing home facility in Summers County.
· Draft Study Resolution, Relating to the authority of county commissions to establish enhanced emergency telephone systems and change the fee.
· H.B. 4071, Relating to the authority of county commissions to establish enhanced emergency telephone systems and change the fee.
· Presentation by Jerry L. Wood, Director of Veteran and Military Programs at West Virginia University.
· Presentation by West Virginia Department of Veterans Assistance.
Committee on Energy
4:00 p.m. - Room 418 M
· H. B. 4221, Department of Environmental Protection, groundwater protection rules for coal mining operations.
· H. B. 4223, Department of Environmental Protection, voluntary remediation and redevelopment rule.
· H. B. 4233, Office of Miner's Health, Safety and Training, substance abuse screening, standards and procedures.
· H. B. 4234, Office of Miner's Health, Safety and Training, rules governing the certification, recertification and training of EMT-miners and EMT-M instructors.
· H. B. 4311, Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, rules of the commission.
· H. B. 4348, Department of Environmental Protection, West Virginia surface mining reclamation rule.
Health and Human Resources
4:00 p.m. - Room 215 E
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
From the Activity Calendar:
Upper House and Senate Rotundas
Upper House Walkway
WV Economic Development Council
Embassy Suites, 5-7 p.m.
*** Agendas and meeting times subject to change. ***