Member's Press Release
Release Date: 01/13/2020
Contact: Jared Hunt at (304) 340-3323
House of Delegates
On the Agenda: Tuesday in the House of Delegates
Here’s what’s scheduled Tuesday in the House of Delegates:
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
7th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
- R. 4 (to be introduced) - Memorializing the life of the Honorable Roy Givens, proud father, grandfather, great grandfather, veteran, businessman, public servant and West Virginian.
- R. 3 - Amending the Rules of the House of Delegates, relating to remarks by members
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
- B. 3039 - Relating to a court’s consideration of the expression of a preference by a child in certain child custody matters
- Sub. for H. B. 4004 - Creating the West Virginia Sentencing Commission
- B. 4007 - Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- B. 4022 - Clarifying the qualifications of the Chancellor of the Higher Education Policy Commission
- B. 4103 - Relating to office of drug control policy
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on Finance
8:00 a.m. - Room 462 M
- Budget Hearing for Department of Education
- Budget Hearing for School Building Authority
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 418 M
- H. B. 4096, Requiring candidates to live in the state or local election district for the office for which they are seeking,
- H. B. 2086, Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act,
- H. B. 2142, Issuing identification documents to homeless individuals residing at homeless shelters,
- H. B. 2497, Relating to the whistle-blower law,
- H. B. 2185, Relating to the removal of animals left unattended in motor vehicles
Committee on Education
10:00 a.m. - Room 434 M
- Presentation by WV School Building Authority
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
Veterans Affairs & Homeland Security
2:30 p.m. - Room 215 E
- C.R. 3, Researching and making recommendations regarding construction of a veterans’ nursing home facility in Summers County.
- B. 2330, Allowing honorably discharged veterans who possess certain military ratings to qualify to take an examination for licensing as a plumber, electrician, and sprinkler fitter.
- B. 2627, Removing all costs and fees from a Silver Star registration plate.
- B. 4071, Relating to the authority of county commissions to establish enhanced emergency telephone systems and change the fee.
Committee on Energy
4:00 p.m. - Room 418 M
- B. 4090, Creating the Oil and Gas Abandoned Well Plugging Fund.
- B. 4091, Allowing for expedited oil and gas well permitting upon payment of applicable expedited fees.
Health and Human Resources
4:00 p.m. - Room 215 E
- HB 4061 - Health Benefit Plan Network Access and Adequacy Act (2nd reference to Judiciary)
- HB 4009 - Relating to the process for involuntary hospitalization (2nd reference to Judiciary)
- HB 4108 - Relating generally to certificates of need for health care services.
- HB 4062 - Reducing the cost of prescription drugs.
From the Activity Calendar:
Mountaineer Food Bank
Upper House Rotunda
WV Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Upper Senate Rotunda (1Table)
WVMA Legislative Reception
5:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
*** Agendas and meeting times subject to change. ***