Member's Press Release
Release Date: 01/12/2020
Contact: Jacque Bland at (304) 357-7999
Senate Calendar and Committee Schedule for Monday, January 13, 2020
Monday, January 13, 2020 – 6th Day of Session
The Senate will convene at 11 a.m.
- SR 6: Recognizing OMEGA for support of Children's Home Society of WV
- SCR 1: Designating dogs adopted from animal shelters and rescues as WV official state dog
- SCR 2: Requesting Frederick County, Virginia, consider becoming part of State of West Virginia
- SCR 3: US Army MSG Richard A. "Dick" Smoot Memorial Bridge
- There are no bills on Third Reading for Monday, January 13, 2020.
- There are no bills on Second Reading for Monday, January 13, 2020.
- SB 94: Providing persons with physical disabilities ability to vote by electronic absentee ballot
Scheduled Committee Meetings
2 p.m.: Banking and Insurance (451M)
3 p.m.: Judiciary (208W)
- SB 46: Providing certain persons be allowed to carry pepper spray in State Capitol Complex
- SB 35: Limiting civil penalty for littering conviction to $2,000
- SB 207: Creating Prosecuting Attorney’s Detectives Act
3 p.m.: Finance (451M)
- Budget Presentation: Office of the Attorney General
- Budget Presentation: West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
Senate Bills to be Introduced Monday, January 13, 2020
- SB 311: Relating to court-ordered community service (FN) (Trump, Clements; Judiciary)
- SB 312: Relating to child protective caseworkers (IB) (Weld, Stollings, Rucker, Roberts, Plymale, Maynard, Azinger; Children and Families then Health and Human Resources)
- SB 313: Reorganizing various boards and authorities for licensing and oversight of trades, occupations, and professions (IB) (Maynard, Clements, Smith, Sypolt, Swope; Government Organization then Judiciary)
- SB 314: Requiring insurance policies provide free emergency allergy medications (Cline; Banking and Insurance then Health and Human Resources)
- SB 315: Creating Special Road Repair Program (FN) (Smith, Clements, Cline, Jeffries, Lindsay; Transportation and Infrastructure then Finance)
- SB 316: Relating to oil and gas conservation commission membership (Maynard; Government Organization)
- SB 317: Creating Board for Professional Geologists (FN) (Cline; Government Organization then Finance)
- SB 318: Prohibiting regulation and licensing of occupations by local government (IB) (Maynard, Clements, Smith, Sypolt, Tarr, Swope; Government Organization then Judiciary)
- SB 319: Exempting moneys in WV EMS Retirement Fund from state or municipal tax (Rucker, Azinger, Boley, Clements, Cline, Hamilton, Maynard, Palumbo, Pitsenbarger, Roberts, Stollings, Sypolt, Tarr, Unger; Pensions then Finance)
- SB 320: Creating WV Farm Fresh Dairy Act (FN) (Sypolt, Maynard, Rucker, Tarr; Health and Human Resources)
- SB 321: Relating to collection of tax and priority of distribution of estate or property in receivership (Trump; Judiciary)
- SB 322: Relating to prequalifications for state contract vendors (Maynard; Government Organization)
- SCR 4: Urging Congress call convention to propose amendment on congressional term limits (Smith, Azinger, Baldwin, Boley, Clements, Cline, Hardesty, Maynard, Roberts, Rucker, Swope, Sypolt, Tarr, Trump, Weld)
* (FN) indicates the bill has a Fiscal Note
* (IB) indicates the bill is an Interim Bill
Committee times and agendas are subject to change. Follow @WVSenClerk on Twitter for updates.
All Senate Committee meetings and floor sessions are available for both live streaming and to watch again in our archives. The link to the Senate’s archived video page can be found here: http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00289/Harmony/en/View/UpcomingEvents.