Member's Press Release
Release Date: 03/01/2019
Contact: Jared Hunt at (304) 340-3323
House of Delegates
On the Agenda: Friday in the House of Delegates
Here’s what’s scheduled for Thursday in the House of Delegates:
Friday, March 1, 2019
52nd Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
- S.C.R. 35 - Designating days for displaying Honor and Remember Flag at WV Veterans Memorial
- H.C.R. 15 - Requesting the Joint Committee on Government and Finance study the impact of business regulations and economic development incentives to recruit and retain small business
- H.C.R. 20 - PFC Charles Everett Hurd Memorial Bridge
- H.C.R. 65 - Vietnam Veterans Memorial Highway
- H.C.R. 66 - U. S. Army SPC Thurman ‘Duwayne’ Young Memorial Bridge
- H.C.R. 74 - U. S. Army PFC James Leslie Pridemore Memorial Road
- H.C.R. 81 - Erecting a statue of Charles Elwood “Chuck” Yeager on the State Capitol Complex grounds
THIRD READING – For Passage
- Sub. for S. B. 295 - Relating to crimes against public justice
- Sub. for S. B. 408 - Determining indigency for public defender services
- Sub. for S. B. 518 - Restricting sale and trade of dextromethorphan
- S.B. 545 - Relating to HIV testing
- S.B. 593 - Permitting critical access hospital become community outpatient medical center
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
- Sub. for S. B. 60 - Licensing practice of athletic training (Health and Human Resources Committee Amendment Pending)
- Sub. for S. B. 310 - Establishing certain requirements for dental insurance
- Sub. for S. B. 641 - Relating to Primary Care Support Program (Health and Human Resources Committee Amendment Pending)
- Sub. for H. B. 2020 - Budget Bill, making appropriations of public money out of the treasury in accordance with section fifty-one, article six of the Constitution
- Sub. for S. B. 72 - Creating Sexual Assault Victims' Bill of Rights (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
- Sub. for S. B. 393 - Protecting right to farm (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending
- Sub. for S. B. 441 - Relating to higher education campus police officers
- Sub. for S. B. 520 - Requiring entities report drug overdoses (Health and Human Resources Committee Amendment Pending)
- S.B. 635 - Relating generally to coal mining activities (Energy Committee Amendment Pending)
- S.B. 636 - Authorizing legislative rules for Higher Education Policy Commission
- S.B. 668 - Relating to physician assistants collaborating with physicians in hospitals (Health and Human Resources Committee Amendment Pending)
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Agriculture and Natural Resources
8:00 a.m. - Room 215E
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 418M
(***Agenda to be posted.***)
Committee on Government Organization
9:00 a.m. - Room 215E
- Com Sub for SB 330, Requiring contact information be listed on agency's online directory and website.
- Com Sub for SB 344, Relating to operation of state-owned farms.
- Com Sub for SB 615, Providing ongoing mechanism for county commissioners to allow compensation increases for elected officials every two years. (FIN)
- SB 667, Creating WV Motorsport Committee.
- HCR (Originating), relating to studying Public Service Commission haulers.
- HCR (Originating), relating to studying consolidated government incentives.
- HCR (Originating), relating to studying BRIM.
Committee on Education
10:00 a.m. - Room 432M
- Sub. for S. B. 624, Allowing county boards of education use alternative assessment provided in Every Student Succeeds Act.
- Sub. for S. B. 154, Using school facilities for funeral and memorial services for certain community members.
- Sub. for S. B. 553, Relating to federal funds for land-grant institutions.
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
- 10 a.m. – Greenbrier West Wrestling, Delegate Campbell
- 10:10 a.m. – American Red Cross, Delegate Byrd
From the Activity Calendar:
WV GOP Day
Upper House Rotunda
American Red Cross Day
Upper Senate Rotunda
Ruwix is the best place to learn about the Worlds best selling puzzle toys. Check it out on this link.