Member's Press Release
Release Date: 02/22/2019
Contact: Jared Hunt at (304) 340-3323
House of Delegates
On the Agenda: Friday in the House of Delegates
Here’s what’s scheduled for Friday in the House of Delegates:
Friday, February 22, 2019
45th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
- H. R. 5 - Honoring U. S. Army SPC4 Carmel Harvey Jr., Medal of Honor recipient
- H. C. R. 13 - Chief Robert Edward Dorsey Memorial Highway
- Com. Sub. for H. C. R. 32 - Requesting the Secretary of the Department of Transportation to authorize raising highway speed limits, where appropriate, to 75 miles per hour on Interstate highways in West Virginia and to 70 miles per hour on West Virginia's Appalachian Corridor highways
- H. C. R. 48 - Urging the Commissioner of the Bureau for Public Health to designate Alzheimer's disease and other dementias as a public health issue
THIRD READING – For Passage
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 13 - Relating to distributions from State Excess Lottery Fund
- S. B. 442 - Supplementing, amending, and decreasing appropriation to Insurance Commission
- S. B. 443 - Supplemental appropriation of federal moneys to DHHR divisions
- S. B. 444 - Supplemental appropriation to DHHR divisions
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2532 - Allowing certain donations by persons renewing their driver’s license or vehicle registration
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2540 - Prohibiting the waste of game animals, game birds or game fish
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2541 - Requiring certain safety measures be taken at public schools
- H. B. 2730 - Increasing the compensation of the membership of the State Police and the salaries for public school teachers and school service personnel (Finance Committee Title Amendment Pending)
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2807 - Creating an additional modification to the West Virginia adjusted gross income of shareholders of S corporations engaged in banking
- H. B. 2829 - Relating to the termination of severance taxes on limestone and sandstone
- H. B. 2872 - Authorizing law-enforcement officers to assist the State Fire Marshal
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2901 - Allowing for the establishment of a secondary location for racetrack video lottery terminals
- H. B. 2934 - West Virginia Lottery Interactive Wagering Act
- H. B. 2968 - Adding remote service unit to the definition of customer bank communications terminals
- H. B. 3134 - Establishing criminal penalties for negligent homicide, and increasing criminal penalties for reckless driving
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 26 - Permitting certain employees of educational service cooperatives participate in state's teacher retirement systems
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 489 - Relating to Pharmacy Audit Integrity Act (Health and Human Resources Committee Amendment Pending)
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2229 - Adding violations of law upon which a public servant’s retirement plan may be forfeited
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2452 - Creating the West Virginia Cybersecurity Office
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2550 - Creating a matching program for the Small Business Innovation and Research Program and the Small Business Technology Transfer Program
- H. B. 2598 - Relating to submitting a certifying statement attesting to status as a charitable or public service organization
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2617 - Relating to the form for making offer of optional uninsured and underinsured coverage by insurers
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2690 - Relating to guaranty associations
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2694 - Relating to the state’s ability to regulate hemp
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2718 - Requiring purchasers of roundwood to collect and maintain certain information
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2770 - Fairness in Cost-Sharing Calculation Act
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2802 - Uniform Partition of Heirs Property Act (Shott) (Regular)
- H. B. 2816 - Removing the terms “hearing impaired,” “hearing impairment,” and “deaf mute” from the West Virginia Code and substituting terms
- H. B. 2827 - Removing the residency requirements for hiring deputy assessors
- H. B. 2828 - Relating to Qualified Opportunity Zones
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2830 - Establishing Next Generation 911 services in this state
- H. B. 2837 - Relating to the licensing of advance deposit wagering
- H. B. 2926 - Requiring the Secretary of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs to study the housing needs of veterans
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2991 - Relating to the Ryan Brown Addiction Prevention and Recovery Fund
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 3024 - West Virginia Business Ready Sites Program
- H. B. 3045 - Exempting certain complimentary hotel rooms from hotel occupancy tax
- H. B. 3132 - Relating to exempting providers that serve no more than 30 patients with office-based medication-assisted treatment
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 3133 - Relating to requiring a parolee or probationer found to have suffered with addiction to participate in a support service
- H. B. 3135 - Expiring funds to the balance of the Department of Commerce, Development Office
- Com. Sub. for S. B. 518 - Restricting sale and trade of dextromethorphan (Health and Human Resources Committee Amendment Pending)
- S. B. 545 - Relating to HIV testing (Health and Human Resources Committee Amendment Pending)
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2079 - Removing certain limitations on medical cannabis grower, processor and dispensary licenses
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2179 - Allowing nonmembers of a political party to request that party’s partisan ballot at a primary election
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2433 - Modifying the school calendar to begin not earlier than Labor Day and end prior to Memorial Day
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2441 - Removing certain requirements related to wages for construction of public improvements
- H. B. 2497 - Relating to the whistle-blower law
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2595 - Establishing the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources Police Officer Retirement System
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2670 - Relating to damages for medical monitoring
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2945 - Relating to vendors paying a single annual fee for a permit issued by a local health department
- H. B. 2953 - Permitting a critical access hospital to become a community outpatient medical center
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 2976 - Economic Diversification Act of 2019
- Com. Sub. for H. B. 3021 - Relating to the disposition of permit fees, registration fees and civil penalties imposed against thoroughbred horse racing licensees
- H. B. 3095 - Establishing a minimum monthly retirement annuity for certain retirants
- H. B. 3136 - Relating to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- H. B. 3137 - Relating to the personal income tax fund
Committee on Finance
8:00 a.m. - House Chamber H.B. 2730, Increasing the compensation of the membership of the State Police and the salaries for public school teachers and school service personnel
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on Finance
9:00 a.m. - Room 460M
- H. B. 2703, Relating to refunds of excise taxes collected from dealers of petroleum products
- H. B. (Originating), Reducing the severance tax on thermal or steam coal
- H. B. (Originating), Coal Tax
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 418MAgenda posted.
Committee on Education
9:00 a.m. - Room 432M
- H. B. 2397, Requiring county school boards to provide adequate mental health and counseling services.
- H. B. 2853, Establishing the West Virginia Program for Open Education Resources.
- H. B. 2586, Providing programs to train firefighters and emergency medical technicians.
- H. B. 3127, Relating to the Secondary School Activities Commission and participation by home schooled students.
- H.B. (Originating), relating to Underwood Smith program
- H. B. 3020, Relating to sole source contracts for goods and services with nonprofit corporations affiliated with the respective education institutions
- S. B. 1, Increasing access to career education and workforce training
Committee on Government Organization
9:00 a.m. - Room 215E
- HB 3131, Relating to providing salary adjustments to employees of the Department of Health and Human Resources.
- HB 2729, Recognition of Emergency Medical Services Personnel Licensure Interstate Compact.
- HB 3105, Permitting the Alcohol Beverage Control Administration to request the assistance of law enforcement.
- HB 3044, Requiring the Commissioner of Highways to develop a formula for allocating road funds.
- HB 3100, Clarifying certain provisions of the Nonintoxicating Beer Act.
- HB 2760, Relating to performance reviews of state agencies and regulatory boards.
- HB 3102, Creating alternating wine proprietorships for wineries and farm wineries.
- HB 2951, Placing the regulation of non-medical professions and occupations in a new chapter of the code.
- HB 3103, Authorizing operators of a distillery or mini-distillery to offer for purchase and consumption liquor on the premises.
- HB 2535, Relating to purchasing exemptions and procedures.
- HB 3104, Relating to exception to restrictions on nonresident brewers, manufacturers and distributors.
- HB 2843, Creating an Office for Federal Surplus Property.
- HB 3054, Relating to the state agency for surplus property.
- HB 3116, Removing current limitations on sales of nonintoxicating beer and nonintoxicating craft beer growlers.
- HB 2974, Exempting businesses relating to transporting certain used tires to storage, disposal, or recycling locations from provisions of chapter.
- HB (Originating), Relating to BRIM.
- HB (Originating), Removing square foot requirement.
- HB 2011, Road Maintenance Program.
- HB 2850, Relating to qualifications for commercial driver’s license.
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
- 10 a.m. – Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Citation, Delegate Hornbuckle, et al.
- 10:15 a.m. – West Virginia State University
From the Activity Calendar:
West Virginia State University Day at the Legislature
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotunda