Here’s what’s scheduled for Wednesday in the House of Delegates:
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
43rd Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2486 - Using records of criminal conviction to disqualify a person from receiving a license for a profession or occupation
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2975 - Relating to imposition of sexual acts on persons incarcerated
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 270 - Streamlining process for utilities access to DOH rights-of-way
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 356 - Requiring MAPS provide state and federal prosecutors information
· S. B. 358 - Exempting Purchasing Division purchases for equipment to maintain security at state facilities
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 387 - Relating generally to extradition
· S. B. 452 - Supplemental appropriation to Second Chance Driver's License Program
· H. B. 2515 - Exempting the sale and installation of mobility enhancing equipment from the sales and use tax (Finance Committee Title Amendment Pending)
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2532 - Allowing certain donations by persons renewing their driver’s license or vehicle registration
· H. B. 2667 - Supplemental appropriation to the Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety, Division of Corrections
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2854 - Exempting sales from the consumers sales and service tax and use tax by not for profit volunteer school support groups raising funds for schools
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2855 - Allowing rebate moneys to be used for the operation and maintenance of accounting and transparency systems of the State Auditor
· H. B. 2856 - Relating to the administration of the operating fund of the securities division of the Auditor’s office (Finance Committee Title Amendment Pending)
· H. B. 2872 - Authorizing law-enforcement officers to assist the State Fire Marshal
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2886 - Establishing requirements for a Division Motor Vehicles office or Division of Motor Vehicles Now kiosk to be present in a county
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2907 - Requiring a form of a certified commitment order to the Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation
· H. B. 2924 - Permitting the West Virginia Tourism Office to decide to contract with the Division of Highways to sell advertising space on the WV511 website
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2929 - Authorizing the West Virginia Tourism Office to enter into an agreement with the Division of Highways to provide staff at the welcome centers
· H. B. 2932 - Transferring regulation and licensing of charitable bingo, charitable raffles, and charitable raffle boards
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2933 - Modifying the criminal penalties imposed on a parent, guardian or custodian for child abuse resulting in injury
· H. B. 2954 - Defining certain terms used in insurance
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2980 - Mine Trespass Act
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2982 - Amending and updating the laws relating to auctioneers
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 3007 - Authorizing the Commissioner of Agriculture to require background checks
· H. B. 3039 - Relating to a court’s consideration of the expression of a preference by a child in certain child custody matters
· H. B. 3083 - Adding temporary work during the legislative session as exclusion to the term employment for purposes of unemployment compensation
· H. B. 3093 - Relating to standards for factory-built homes
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 13 - Relating to distributions from State Excess Lottery Fund (Finance Committee Amendment Pending)
· S. B. 442 - Supplementing, amending, and decreasing appropriation to Insurance Commission
· S. B. 443 - Supplemental appropriation of federal moneys to DHHR divisions
· S. B. 444 - Supplemental appropriation to DHHR divisions (Finance Committee Amendment Pending)
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2452 - Creating the West Virginia Cybersecurity Office
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2540 - Prohibiting the waste of game animals, game birds or game fish
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2541 - Requiring certain safety measures be taken at public schools
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2807 - Creating an additional modification to the West Virginia adjusted gross income of shareholders of S corporations engaged in banking
· H. B. 2829 - Relating to the termination of severance taxes on limestone and sandstone
· H. B. 2837 - Relating to the licensing of advance deposit wagering
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2901 - Allowing for the establishment of a secondary location for racetrack video lottery terminals
· H. B. 2934 - Permitting interactive wagering authorized as West Virginia Lottery interactive wagering activities (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
· H. B. 2968 - Adding remote service unit to the definition of customer bank communications terminals
· H. B. 3134 - Establishing criminal penalties for negligent homicide, and increasing criminal penalties for reckless driving
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on Finance
9:00 a.m. - Room 460M
· H. B. 2550, Creating a matching program for the Small Business Innovation and Research Program and the Small Business Technology Transfer Program.
· H. B. (Originating), Supplemental appropriation, expiring funds Development Office
· H. B. 2991, Relating to the Ryan Brown Addiction Prevention and Recovery Fund
· S. B. 499, Amending WV tax laws to conform to changes in partnerships for federal income tax purposes
· H. B. 3045, Exempting certain complimentary hotel rooms from hotel occupancy tax.
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 26, Permitting certain employees of educational service cooperatives participate in state's teacher retirement systems.
· H. B. 2730, Increasing the compensation of the membership of the State Police and the salaries for public school teachers and school service personnel.
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 418M
· H. B. 2594, Prohibiting railroads from blocking crossings on privately owned streets,
· H. B. 3069, Relating to the right of certain persons to limit possession of firearms on premises,
· H. B. 2441, Removing certain requirements related to wages for construction of public improvements,
· H. B. 3133, Relating to requiring a parolee or probationer found to have suffered with addiction to participate in a support service,
· H. B. 2229, Adding violations of law upon which a public servant’s retirement plan may be forfeited.
· H. B. 2690, Relating to guaranty associations,
· H. B. 2497, Relating to the whistle-blower law.
· H. B. 2864, Increasing salaries of magistrates, supreme court justices, circuit court judges, and family court judges.
· H. B. 2718, Requiring purchasers of roundwood to collect and maintain certain information,
· H. B. 2802, Uniform Partition of Heirs Property Act
Committee on Government Organization
9:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· HB 2844, Relating to the state employee merit system.
· HB 2827, Removing the residency requirements for hiring deputy assessors.
· HB 2603, Relating to the amount permitted to remain in the West Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Administration’s operating fund. (FIN)
· HB 2816, Removing the terms “hearing impaired,” “hearing impairment,” and “deaf mute” from the West Virginia Code and substituting terms
· HB 2926, Requiring the Secretary of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs to study the housing needs of veterans.
· HB 3086, Allowing contracts for services related to response, recovery or relief of a declared state of emergency to be entered into without bidding.
· HB 3106, Requiring retail licensees to purchase at least 10 percent of available SKUs from the commissioner.
· HB 2694, Relating to the state’s ability to regulate hemp.
· HB 2011, Road Maintenance Program.
· HB 2592, Requiring all boards referred to in Chapter 30 of the code be located in the same area in the state.
· HB 3024, West Virginia Business Ready Sites Program.
· HB 2598, Relating to submitting a certifying statement attesting to status as a charitable or public service organization.
Committee on Education
10:00 a.m. - Room 432M
· H. B. 3127, Relating to the Secondary School Activities Commission and participation by home schooled students.
· S. B. 1, Increasing access to career education and workforce training.
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
From the Activity Calendar:
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas
WV Hospitality and Travel Association Reception
5 –7 p.m.