Here’s what’s scheduled for Monday in the House of Delegates (Note: While Monday is the state “Presidents’ Day” holiday, and other state offices are closed, the Legislature is not.):
Monday, February 18, 2019
41st Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2768 - Reducing the use of certain prescription drugs
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2834 - Updating and modernizing the minimum spacing provisions for the drilling of horizontal deep wells
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2849 - Establishing different classes of pharmacy technicians
· S. B. 377 - Relating to minimum wage and maximum hour standards (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending) (Amendments Pending)
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2439 - Relating to fire service equipment and training funds for volunteer and part-volunteer fire companies
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2542 - Permitting directors of county emergency phone systems to obtain mobile-phone emergency lines
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2947 - Relating generally to telemedicine prescription practice requirements and exceptions
· H. B. 2958 - Authorizing the State Auditor to conduct regular financial examinations or audits of all volunteer fire companies
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2486 - Using records of criminal conviction to disqualify a person from receiving a license for a profession or occupation
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2975 - Relating to imposition of sexual acts on persons incarcerated
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 418M
· H. B. 3018, Relating to the West Virginia Public Employees Insurance Agency’s reimbursement of air-ambulance providers,
· H. B. 3057, Relating to the Adult Drug Court Participation Fund,
· H. B. 2699, Relating to municipal annexation by minor boundary adjustment,
· H. B. 2540, Prohibiting the waste of game animals, game birds or game fish,
· H. B. 2646, Providing a safe harbor for employers to correct underpayment or nonpayment of wages and benefits due to separated employees,
· H. B. 2361, Establishing certain requirements for dental insurance,
· H. B. 2837, Relating to the licensing of advance deposit wagering,
· H. B. 2934, Permitting interactive wagering authorized as West Virginia Lottery interactive wagering activities,
· H. B. 2441, Removing certain requirements related to wages for construction of public improvements
Committee on Education
9:00 a.m. - Room 432M
· H. B. 3012, Providing new graduates of an in-state or out-of-state higher educational institution a tax credit on the personal property tax.
· H. B. 3063, Relating to a home Instruction and private school tax credit.
· H. B. 3001, Increasing compensation of county board of education members.
· H. B. 3128, Changing the recommended guidelines for full-day and half-day cooks to the minimum ratio of one cook for every 110 meals.
· H. B. 2447, Exempting certain kindergartens, preschools and school education programs that are operated by a private school from state licensure requirements.
· H. B. 2719, Establishing an optional bus operator in residence program for school districts.
· H. B. 2551, Requiring the State Board of Education to develop a method for funding student transportation costs as a stand-alone consideration.
· H. B. 2882, Creating a health professionals’ student loan programs.
Committee on Government Organization
9:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· Com. Sub. for SB 157, Authorizing Department of Administration promulgate legislative rules. (JUD)
· Com. Sub. for SB 199, Authorizing certain miscellaneous agencies and boards promulgate legislative rules. (JUD)
· HB 2932, Transferring regulation and licensing of charitable bingo, charitable raffles, and charitable raffle boards.
· HB 2954, Defining certain terms used in insurance.
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
Committee on Finance
2:00 p.m. - Room 460M
(***Agenda to be posted.***)
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
From the Activity Calendar:
Pierpont, Bridge Valley Advanced Technology Center Day
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas
Citizens Defense League
Attorney General Rotunda
West Virginians for Life Rally
Capitol North Steps