Member's Press Release
Release Date: 02/15/2019
Contact: Jared Hunt at (304) 340-3323
House of Delegates
On the Agenda: Friday in the House of Delegates
Here’s what’s scheduled for Friday in the House of Delegates:
Friday, February 15, 2019
38th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
- C. R. 2 - Senator J. Frank Deem Memorial Bridge
- C. R. 4 - Gold Star Families Highway
- Sub. for H. C. R. 7 - Kidd Brothers Bridge
- Sub. for H. C. R. 11 - U. S. Army Command Sergeant Major Timothy Allen Bolyard Memorial Bridge
- C. R. 19 - U. S. Marine Sgt. Stephen E. Drummond Memorial Bridge
- C. R. 23 - U. S. Army SGT Rodney David King and U. S. Army SGT James Harris King Memorial Bridge
- Sub. for H. C. R. 26 - U. S. Army SGT Arthur “George” Roush Memorial Bridge
- C. R. 43 - U. S. Army Air Corps T SGT Ralph H. Ray Bridge
- C. R. 44 - U. S. Marine Corps PFC Randall Carl Phelps Memorial Bridge
THIRD READING – For Passage
- B. 2472 - Providing a special license plate for pollinators
- Sub. for H. B. 2538 - Providing banking services for medical cannabis
- Sub. for H. B. 2579 - Relating to the collection of tax and the priority of distribution of an estate or property in receivership
- Sub. for H. B. 2618 - Including undue influence as a factor in the definition of financial exploitation of an elderly person or protected person
- B. 2716 - Relating to motorboat lighting and equipment requirements
- B. 2846 - Designating a “Back the Blue” plate in support of law-enforcement personnel
- B. 2992 - Relating to governmental websites
- B. 377 - Relating to minimum wage and maximum hour standards (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending) (Amendments Pending)
- Sub. for H. B. 2768 - Reducing the use of certain prescription drugs
- Sub. for H. B. 2834 - Updating and modernizing the minimum spacing provisions for the drilling of horizontal deep wells
- Sub. for H. B. 2849 - Establishing different classes of pharmacy technicians
- Sub. for H. B. 2439 - Relating to fire service equipment and training funds for volunteer and part-volunteer fire companies
- Sub. for H. B. 2542 - Permitting directors of county emergency phone systems to obtain mobile-phone emergency lines
- Sub. for H. B. 2947 - Relating generally to telemedicine prescription practice requirements and exceptions
- B. 2958 - Authorizing the State Auditor to conduct regular financial examinations or audits of all volunteer fire companies
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 418M
- B. 2980, Mine Trespass Act,
- B. 2933, Modifying the criminal penalties imposed on a parent, guardian or custodian for child abuse resulting in injury,
- B. 2907, Requiring a form of a certified commitment order to the Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation,
- B. 2872, Authorizing law-enforcement officers to assist the State Fire Marshal,
- Sub. for S. B. 387, Relating generally to extradition,
- B. 358, Exempting Purchasing Division purchases for equipment to maintain security at state facilities,
- Sub. for S. B. 373, Relating to financial responsibility of inmates,
- Sub. for S. B. 356, Requiring MAPS provide state and federal prosecutors information,
- B. 3083, Adding temporary work during the legislative session as exclusion to the term employment for purposes of unemployment compensation,
- B. 2931, Clarifying that the State Lottery Commission has no authority over nonlottery games,
- B. 2966, County Budget Flexibility Act,
- B. 3039, Relating to a court’s consideration of the expression of a preference by a child in certain child custody matters,
- Sub. for S. B. 270, Streamlining process for utilities access to DOH rights-of-way
Committee on Education
9:00 a.m. - Room 432M
- B. 2865, Changing the school aid formula Step 7 allowances for instructional technology and enrollment advanced placement and dual credit.
- B. 3063, Relating to a home Instruction and private school tax credit.
- B. 3012, Providing new graduates of an in-state or out-of-state higher educational institution a tax credit on the personal property tax.
- B. 2688, Requiring air conditioning on all school buses.
Committee on Finance
9:00 a.m. - Room 460M
- B. 2515, Exempting the sale and installation of mobility enhancing equipment from the sales and use tax.
- B. 2532, Allowing certain donations by persons renewing their driver’s license or vehicle registration.
- B. 2854, Exempting sales from the consumers sales and service tax and use tax by not for profit volunteer school support groups raising funds for schools
- B. 2667, Supplemental appropriation to the Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety, Division of Corrections.
- B. 452, Supplemental appropriation to Second Chance Driver's License Program.
- B. 2855, Allowing rebate moneys to be used for the operation and maintenance of accounting and transparency systems of the State Auditor.
- B. 2856, Relating to the administration of the operating fund of the securities division of the Auditor’s office.
Committee on Government Organization
9:00 a.m. - Room 215E
- Pat Reed Commissioner of DMV will explain the reports required pursuant to 3-2-11(m).
- HB 2886, Establishing requirements for a Division Motor Vehicles office or Division of Motor Vehicles Now Kiosk to be present in a county.
- HB 2924, Permitting the West Virginia Tourism Office to decide to contract with the Division of Highways to sell advertising space on the WV511 website.
- HB 2929, Authorizing the West Virginia Tourism Office to enter into an agreement with the Division of Highways to provide staff at the welcome centers.
- HB 2982, Amending and updating the laws relating to auctioneers.
- HB 3007, Authorizing the Commissioner of Agriculture to require background checks.
- HB 3016, Relating to the State Aeronautics Commission. (2nd reference to Finance)
- HB 3093, Relating to standards for factory-built homes.
- HB 2654, Removing certain vehicles from the requirement for vehicle Inspection. (2nd reference to Finance)
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
- 10:30 a.m. – Corrections Citation
From the Activity Calendar:
Upper House Rotunda
WV Adult Education Association
Upper Senate Rotunda