Here’s what’s scheduled for Thursday in the House of Delegates:
Thursday, February 14, 2019
37th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 451 - Comprehensive education reform
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2173 - Allowing state and federal law-enforcement officers to testify as to the contents and evidence of a wiretap or electronic surveillance
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2338 - Allowing the owner of an antique military vehicle to display alternate registration insignia
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2359 - Relating to exemptions to the commercial driver's license requirements
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2673 - Creating the Oil and Gas Abandoned Well Plugging Fund
· H. B. 2709 - Relating to hunting licenses
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2715 - Relating to Class Q special hunting permit for disabled persons
· H. B. 2739 - Relating to contributions on behalf of employees to a retirement plan administered by the Consolidated Public Retirement Board
· H. B. 2743 - Eliminating reference to municipal policemen’s pension and relief funds and firemen’s pension and relief funds in section restricting investment
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2761 - Modernizing the self-service storage lien law
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2793 - Expanding applicability of educational facilities for the West Virginia College Prepaid Tuition and Savings Program
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2821 - Updating provisions for command, clerical and other pay
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2848 - Relating to the West Virginia ABLE Act
· H. B. 2992 - Relating to governmental websites
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
· S. B. 377 - Relating to minimum wage and maximum hour standards (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
· H. B. 2472 - Providing a special license plate for pollinators (Technology and Infrastructure Committee Amendment Pending)
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2538 - Providing banking services for medical cannabis
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2579 - Relating to the collection of tax and the priority of distribution of an estate or property in receivership
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2618 - Including undue influence as a factor in the definition of financial exploitation of an elderly person or protected person
· H. B. 2716 - Relating to motorboat lighting and equipment requirements
· H. B. 2846 - Designating a “Back the Blue” plate in support of law-enforcement personnel
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2768 - Reducing the use of certain prescription drugs
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2834 - Updating and modernizing the minimum spacing provisions for the drilling of horizontal deep wells
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2849 - Establishing different classes of pharmacy technicians
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
9:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· Presentation by Wesley H. White, General Counsel for WV Department of Commerce
· H. B. 2724, Small Business Tax Credit.
· H. B. 2887, Establishing a West Virginia business growth in low-income communities tax credit.
· H. B. 2943, Relating to deliveries by wine specialty shop.
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 106, Alleviating double taxation on foreign income at state level.
Banking & Insurance
10:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· H.B. 2968, Adding remote service unit to the definition of customer bank communication terminals.
· H.B. 2969, Amending the definition of mortgage loan originator.
· H.B. (Editor’s note: Someone either forgot to include bill number or list it as originating.) Relating to the form for making offer of optional uninsured coverage by insurers.
· H.B. 2770, Fairness in Cost-Sharing Calculation Act.
· H.B. 3061, Relating to requirements for making consumer loans in West Virginia.
· H.B. 2063, Prohibiting use of a person's credit history in certain insurance transactions.
· H.B. 2908, Relating to HIV testing.
· H.B. Originating, Relating to peer to peer car rental.
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
Senior, Children, and Family Issues
1:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· H.B. 2046, Establishing that shared legal and physical custody of a child in cases of divorce is presumed to be in the best interests of the child.
Committee on Health & Human Resources
2:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· HB2752 - Adding to the persons who have access to the information kept by the Board of Pharmacy
· HB2955 - Adding one member to the Medicaid Advisory Panel from the West Virginia Chiropractic Society
· SB175- Authorizing DHHR promulgate legislative rules (2nd reference to Judiciary)
o Department of Health and Human Resources, Behavioral Health Centers Licensure, 64 CSR 11
o Department of Health and Human Resources, Assisted Living Residences, 69 CSR 14
o Department of Health and Human Resources, Food Establishments, 64 CSR 17
o Department of Health and Human Resources, Food Manufacturing Facilities, 64 CSR 43
o Department of Health and Human Resources, Newborn Screening System, 64 CSR 91
Committee on Energy
2:00 p.m. - Room 418M
· H. B. 2637, Excluding electric generating facilities designated as an exempt wholesale generator from being regulated by the PSC.
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 163, Authorizing DEP promulgate legislative rules.
· H. B. 2960, Relating to entry onto private property for certain purposes by a federally regulated natural gas company.
Prevention and Treatment of Substance Abuse
3:30 p.m. - Room 215E
(***Agenda to be posted.***)
4:00 p.m. - Room 432M
(***Agenda to be posted.***)
Veterans Affairs & Homeland Security
5:30 p.m. - Room 432M
· H.B. 2732, Defend the Guard Act.
· H.B. 2672, Exempting honorably discharged veterans of the Armed Forces from payment of fees and costs for a license to carry deadly weapons.
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
From the Activity Calendar:
Coalition of Retired Public Employees Legislative Breakfast
8 a.m. – Noon
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas
WV Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics Advocacy Day