Here’s what’s scheduled for Tuesday in the House of Delegates:
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
35th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2330 - Allowing honorably discharged veterans who possess certain military ratings to qualify to take an examination for licensing as a plumber, electrician, and sprinkler fitter
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2405 - Imposing a healthcare related provider tax on certain health care organizations
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2468 - Department of Agriculture Capital Improvements Fund
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2674 - Creating a student loan repayment program for a mental health provider
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2734 - Relating to reduced rates for low-income residential customers of privately owned sewer and combined water and sewer utilities
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2813 - Relating generally to collection of use tax
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 18 - Relating to crimes committed on State Capitol Complex
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 61 - Adding certain crimes for which prosecutor may apply for wiretap (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 323 - Establishing revenue fund and source to support Department of Agriculture's improvement to facilities
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2109 - Extending the maximum period of confinement a judge may impose for certain, first-time probationary violations
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2609 - Relating to presumptions of abandonment and indication of ownership in property
· H. B. 2647 - Self Storage Limited License Act
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2720 - Authorizing certain investigators and first responders to carry firearms
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2761 - Modernizing the self-service storage lien law
· H. B. 2878 - Relating to updating the controlled substances listed on schedule one
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2173 - Allowing state and federal law-enforcement officers to testify as to the contents and evidence of a wiretap or electronic surveillance
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2338 - Allowing the owner of an antique military vehicle to display alternate registration insignia
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2359 - Relating to exemptions to the commercial driver's license requirements
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2673 - Creating the Oil and Gas Abandoned Well Plugging Fund
· H. B. 2692 - Relating to primary elections and procedures
· H. B. 2709 - Relating to hunting licenses
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2715 - Relating to Class Q special hunting permit for disabled persons
· H. B. 2739 - Relating to contributions on behalf of employees to a retirement plan administered by the Consolidated Public Retirement Board
· H. B. 2743 - Eliminating reference to municipal policemen’s pension and relief funds and firemen’s pension and relief funds in section restricting investment
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2793 - Expanding applicability of educational facilities for the West Virginia College Prepaid Tuition and Savings Program
· H. B. 2819 - Relating generally to contractors (Finance Committee Title Amendment Pending)
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2821 - Updating provisions for command, clerical and other pay
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2848 - Relating to the West Virginia ABLE Act
· H. B. 2992 - Relating to governmental websites
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on Finance
7:00 a.m. - Room 460M
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 451, Comprehensive education reform.
(***Meeting may be canceled, depending on outcome of Monday meeting.***)
Agriculture and Natural Resources
8:30 a.m. - Room 215E
· H. B. 2796, Relating to analysis of samples of industrial hemp production.
· H. B. 2718, Requiring purchasers of roundwood to collect and maintain certain information.
· H. B. 2774, Relating to the right to farm.
Natural Resources Bills:
· H. B. 2727, Relating to conducting a study of the Upper Mud River Lake.
· H. B. 2597, Creating a hunting permit to safely accommodate visually impaired hunters.
· S. B. 331, Using leashed dogs to track mortally wounded deer or bear
· S. B. 332, Relating to Class Q special hunting permit for disabled persons.
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 389, Allowing developmentally disabled person purchase base hunting license.
Industry & Labor
10:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· House Bill 2875, Relating generally to coal mine safety
· House Bill 2049, Relating to a prime contractor’s responsibility for wages and benefits
1:00 p.m. - Room 432M
· House Bill 2827, Removing the residency requirements for hiring deputy assessors
· House Bill 2523, Increasing the amount of time a taxpayer has to seek relief from a county commission from an erroneous assessment
· House Bill 2217, Requiring all local special elections to be held on the days and hours of general, primary or state-wide elections
Committee on Energy
2:00 p.m. - Room 418M
· H. B. 2866, Relating to the termination, expiration, or cancellation of oil or natural gas leases.
· H. B. 2834, Updating and modernizing the minimum spacing provisions for the drilling of horizontal deep wells.
Committee on Health & Human Resources
2:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· HB 2849 - Establishing different classes of pharmacy technicians
· Originating Bill - Increase Salary Schedule Nurses and CPS
· HB 2947 - Relating generally to telemedicine prescription practice requirements and exceptions (2nd reference to Judiciary)
· HB 2100 - Establishing a pilot program to develop school-based mental and behavioral health services (2nd reference to Education)
· HB 2768 - Reducing the use of certain prescription drugs
Pensions & Retirement
4:00 p.m. - Room 460M
· H. B. 2595, Establishing the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources Police Officer Retirement System.
· H. B. (TBD), Requiring minimum monthly retirement benefit for certain retirants of PERS and TRS with 25 or more years of service
· H. B. 2229, Adding violations of law upon which a public servant’s retirement plan may be forfeited.
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
From the Activity Calendar:
Hospital Day at the Legislature
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas
WV Occupational Therapy Association
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas (4 Tables each side)