Member's Press Release
Release Date: 02/08/2019
Contact: Jared Hunt at (304) 340-3323
House of Delegates
On the Agenda: Friday in the House of Delegates
Here’s what’s scheduled for Friday in the House of Delegates:
Friday, February 8, 2019
31st Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
- Sub. for S. B. 240 - Repealing certain legislative rules no longer authorized or are obsolete (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending) (Floor Amendment Pending)
- S.B. 354 - Expiring funds to balance of Auditor's Office - Chief Inspector's Fund
- Sub. for H. B. 2392 - Allowing the Alcohol Beverage Control Commissioner to issue special one-day licenses for charitable events
- H.B. 2528 - Relating to employees of the Commissioner of Agriculture
- Sub. for H. B. 2545 - Exempting recipients of the distinguished Purple Heart medal from payment of the vehicle registration fee
- H.B. 2546 - Excluding from tax equipment installed in a motor vehicle for use of a person with a medical necessity
- Sub. for H. B. 2554 - Relating to transfers and enrollment policies for students in public schools
- Sub. for H. B. 2601 - Relating to the review and approval of state property leases
- H.B. 2696 - Creating an additional index system for state-owned lands
- Sub. for H. B. 2737 - Relating to training of State Tax Division employees
- Sub. for H. B. 2740 - Barring a parent from inheriting from a child in certain instances
- H.B. 2746 - Relating to administration of estates (Amendments Pending)
- H.B. 2759 - Providing for the ancillary administration of West Virginia real estate owned by nonresidents by affidavit and without administration
- H.B. 2815 - Raising the value of goods or chattels that are taken in a larceny to constitute grand larceny
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
- S.B. 267 - Requiring State Board of Education adopt policy detailing level of computer science instruction
- Sub. for H. B. 2365 - Clarifying the definition of an employee for the purposes of unemployment compensation and workers’ compensation
- Sub. for H. B. 2468 - Department of Agriculture Capital Improvements Fund
- Sub. for H. B. 2583 - Family Planning Access Act
- Sub. for H. B. 2661 - Relating to natural gas utilities
- Sub. for H. B. 2809 - Relating to prohibited acts and penalties in the Hatfield-McCoy Recreation Area
- Sub. for H. B. 2330 - Allowing honorably discharged veterans who possess certain military ratings to qualify to take an examination for licensing as a plumber, electrician, and sprinkler fitter
- Sub. for H. B. 2405 - Imposing a healthcare related provider tax on certain health care organizations
- H.B. 2415 - Requiring the State Board of Education to adopt a policy detailing the appropriate level of computer science instruction
- Sub. for H. B. 2674 - Creating a student loan repayment program for a mental health provider
- Sub. for H. B. 2734 - Relating to reduced rates for low-income residential customers of privately owned sewer and combined water and sewer utilities
- Sub. for H. B. 2813 - Relating generally to collection of use tax
Committee Meetings Scheduled(location changes from normal rooms in red):
Committee on Finance
9:00 a.m. - Room 460M
- H.B. 2673, Creating the Oil and Gas Abandoned Well Plugging Fund.
- H.B. 2739, Relating to contributions on behalf of employees to a retirement plan administered by the Consolidated Public Retirement Board.
- H.B. 2743, Eliminating reference to municipal policemen’s pension and relief funds and firemen’s pension and relief funds in section restricting investment.
- H.B. 2793, Expanding applicability of educational facilities for the West Virginia College Prepaid Tuition and Savings Program.
- H.B. 2819, Relating generally to contractors.
- H.B. 2821, Updating provisions for command, clerical and other pay.
- H.B. 2848, Relating to the West Virginia ABLE Act.
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 418M
- Sub. for S. B. 270, Streamlining process for utilities access to DOH rights-of-way,
- S.B. 377, Relating to minimum wage and maximum hour standards.
- H.B. 2709, Relating to hunting licenses.
- H.B. 2715, Relating to Class Q special hunting permit for disabled persons,
- H.B. 2579, Relating to the collection of tax and the priority of distribution of an estate or property in receivership,
- H.B. 2538, Providing banking services for medical cannabis,
- H.B. 2173, Allowing state and federal law-enforcement officers to testify as to the contents and evidence of a wiretap or electronic surveillance
Committee on Education (***agenda pending, though this is likely what’s on it***)
9:00 a.m. - Room 215E
Committee on Government Organization
9:00 a.m. - Room 432M
- HB 2338, Allowing the owner of an antique military vehicle to display alternate registration insignia.
- HB 2359, Relating to exemptions to the commercial driver's license requirements.
- HB 2692, Relating to primary elections and procedures.
- HB Originating, Relating to requiring governmental websites.
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
- 10:30 a.m. – WV Rural Health Association
From the Activity Calendar:
WV Rural Health Association
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas