Here’s what’s scheduled for Thursday in the House of Delegates:
Thursday, February 7, 2019
30th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· S. B. 324 - Relating to Commissioner of Agriculture employees
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2204 - Prohibiting state licensing boards from hiring lobbyists
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2479 - Corporate Governance Annual Disclosure Act
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2481 - Permitting retail sale of alcoholic beverages on Sundays after 1 p.m.
· H. B. 2608 - Repealing the requirement of printing the date a consumer deposit account was opened on paper checks
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2686 - Relating to permitting the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia to create a family drug court pilot program
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 240 - Repealing certain legislative rules no longer authorized or are obsolete (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
· S. B. 354 - Expiring funds to balance of Auditor's Office - Chief Inspector's Fund
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2365 - Clarifying the definition of an employee for the purposes of unemployment compensation and workers’ compensation
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2392 - Allowing the Alcohol Beverage Control Commissioner to issue special one-day licenses for charitable events
· H. B. 2528 - Relating to employees of the Commissioner of Agriculture
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2545 - Exempting recipients of the distinguished Purple Heart medal from payment of the vehicle registration fee
· H. B. 2546 - Excluding from tax equipment installed in a motor vehicle for use of a person with a medical necessity
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2554 - Relating to transfers and enrollment policies for students in public schools
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2601 - Relating to the review and approval of state property leases
· H. B. 2696 - Creating an additional index system for state-owned lands
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2737 - Relating to training of State Tax Division employees
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2740 - Barring a parent from inheriting from a child in certain instances
· H. B. 2746 - Relating to administration of estates
· H. B. 2759 - Providing for the ancillary administration of West Virginia real estate owned by nonresidents by affidavit and without administration
· H. B. 2815 - Raising the value of goods or chattels that are taken in a larceny to constitute grand larceny
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2468 - Department of Agriculture Capital Improvements Fund
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2583 - Family Planning Access Act
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2661 - Relating to natural gas utilities
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2809 - Relating to prohibited acts and penalties in the Hatfield-McCoy Recreation Area
Committee Meetings Scheduled(location changes from normal rooms in red):
Committee on Education
9:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 451, Comprehensive education reform
Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
9:00 a.m. - Room 432M
· H. B. 2724, Small Business Tax Credit.
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 106, Alleviating double taxation on foreign income at state level.
· Presentation by Wesley H. White, General Counsel for WV Department of Commerce
Banking & Insurance
10:00 a.m. - Room 432M
· H.B. 2621, Relating to background checks of certain financial institutions.
· H.B. 2807, Creating an additional modification to the West Virginia adjusted gross income of shareholders of S corporations engaged in banking.
· H.B. 2361, Establishing certain requirements for dental insurance.
· H.B. 2617, Relating to the form for making offer of optional uninsured and underinsured coverage by insurers.
Senior, Children, and Family Issues
1:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· H.B. 2825, Creating a workgroup to review the hospice need standards in this state.
· H.B. 2625, Establishing reimbursement rates for congregate and in-home meals.
· Presentation by William F. Carpenter, Jr., Executive Director, Lincoln County Opportunity Company, Inc.
Committee on Health & Human Resources
2:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· HB 2867 - Transferring the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit to the Attorney General’s office (2nd reference to Judiciary)
· HB 2801 - Requiring abortions to be performed by a licensed physician (2nd reference to Judiciary)
Committee on Energy
2:00 p.m. - Room 418M
· H. B. 2802, Uniform Partition of Heirs Property Act
Prevention and Treatment of Substance Abuse
3:30 p.m. - Room 215E
· SB 63 - Relating to partial filling of prescriptions (2nd reference to Judiciary)
· Originating Bill - Expanding uses of Ryan Brown Fund
· HB 2768 - Reducing the use of certain prescription drugs
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
Citation Presentations Scheduled in House Chamber:
From the Activity Calendar:
WV Press Association Legislative Breakfast
7:30 -‐9 a.m.
Veterans Visibility Day
WV Environmental Council
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas