Here’s what’s scheduled for Tuesday in the House of Delegates:
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
28th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· S. B. 268 - Updating meaning of federal taxable income in WV Corporation Net Income Tax Act
· S. B. 269 - Updating terms used in WV Personal Income Tax Act
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2004 - Providing for a program of instruction in workforce preparedness
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2420 - Establishing the Mountaineer Trail Network Recreation Authority
· H. B. 2666 - Supplemental appropriation to the Department of Veterans’ Assistance
· H. B. 2668 - Supplemental appropriation to the Department of Administration, Public Defender Services
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2363 - Relating to the Upper Kanawha Valley Resiliency and Revitalization Program
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2490 - Preventing proposing or enforcing rules that prevent recreational water facilities from making necessary upgrades
· H. B. 2691 - Providing that a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon expires on the holder’s birthday
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2779 - Providing that proceeds from certain oil and gas wells to persons whose name or address are unknown are to be kept in a special fund
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 240 - Repealing certain legislative rules no longer authorized or are obsolete (Judiciary Committee Amendment Pending)
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2204 - Prohibiting state licensing boards from hiring lobbyists
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2479 - Corporate Governance Annual Disclosure Act
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2481 - Permitting retail sale of alcoholic beverages on Sundays after 1 p.m.
· H. B. 2608 - Repealing the requirement of printing the date a consumer deposit account was opened on paper checks
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2686 - Relating to permitting the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia to create a family drug court pilot program
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Agriculture and Natural Resources
8:30 a.m. - Room 215E
· H. B. 2438, Relating generally to survivor benefits for emergency response providers.
· H. B. 2663, Exempting buildings or structures utilized exclusively for agricultural purposes from the provisions of the State Building Code.
· H. B. 2560, Relating to the operation of state-owned farms.
Natural Resources Bills:
· H. B. 2709, Relating to hunting licenses.
· H. B. 2715, Relating to Class Q special hunting permit for disabled persons.
· H. B. 2716, Relating to motorboat lighting and equipment requirements.
Industry & Labor
10:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· House Concurrent Resolution 25, Requesting the Joint Committee on Government and Finance study the discrepancy between estimates and actual readings of electrical meters
· House Bill 2441, Removing certain requirements related to wages for construction of public improvements
Committee on Health & Human Resources
2:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· HB 2583 - Family Planning Access Act
· Originating Bill - Update Drug Schedule
Committee on Energy
2:00 p.m. - Room 418M
· H. B. 2661, Relating to natural gas utilities.
· H. B. 2802, Uniform Partition of Heirs Property Act.
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 223, Authorizing Department of Commerce promulgate legislative rules.
Pensions & Retirement
4:00 p.m. - Room 460M
· Presentation by Craig Slaughter, Executive Director of Investment Management Board
· H. B. 2738, Authorizing prepayment of certain required payments into a policemen’s pension and relief fund or a firemen’s pension and relief fund.
· H. B. 2743, Eliminating reference to municipal policemen’s pension and relief funds and firemen’s pension and relief funds in section restricting investment.
· H. B. 2739, Relating to contributions on behalf of employees to a retirement plan administered by the Consolidated Public Retirement Board.
· H. B. 2780, Permitting employees of educational services cooperatives to participate in the State Teachers Retirement System.
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
From the Activity Calendar:
Fairness West Virginia
Upper House Rotunda (9 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
Upper Senate Rotunda
Alzheimer’s Association Advocacy Day