Here’s what’s scheduled for Monday in the House of Delegates:
Monday, February 4, 2019
27th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2607 - Relating to the licensure of nursing homes
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2612 - Proposing rules related to the completion or updating of source water protection plans
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
· S. B. 268 - Updating meaning of federal taxable income in WV Corporation Net Income Tax Act
· S. B. 269 - Updating terms used in WV Personal Income Tax Act
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2004 - Providing for a program of instruction in workforce preparedness
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2363 - Relating to the Upper Kanawha Valley Resiliency and Revitalization Program
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2420 - Establishing the Mountaineer Trail Network Recreation Authority
· H. B. 2666 - Supplemental appropriation to the Department of Veterans’ Assistance
· H. B. 2668 - Supplemental appropriation to the Department of Administration, Public Defender Services
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2490 - Preventing proposing or enforcing rules that prevent recreational water facilities from making necessary upgrades
· H. B. 2691 - Providing that a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon expires on the holder’s birthday
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2779 - Providing that proceeds from certain oil and gas wells to persons whose name or address are unknown are to be kept in a special fund
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 418M
· H. B. 2815, Raising the value of goods or chattels that are taken in a larceny to constitute grand larceny,
· H. B. 2809, Relating to prohibited acts and penalties in the Hatfield-McCoy Recreation Area,
· H. B. 2647, Self Storage Limited License Act,
· H. B. 2761, Modernizing the self-service storage lien law,
· H. B. 2740, Barring a parent from inheriting from a child in certain instances,
· H. B. 2746, Relating to administration of estates,
· H. B. 2759, Providing for the ancillary administration of West Virginia real estate owned by nonresidents by affidavit and without administration
Technology & Infrastructure
1:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· House Bill 2011, Road Maintenance Program
· House Bill 2012, Establishing country roads accountability and transparency
· House Bill 2390, Exempting from certain contract and common carrier laws motor vehicles used exclusively in the transportation of railroad personnel
· House Bill 2516, Making it easier the renewal of driver license with the designation of “Veteran” and to provide a lifetime license for certain veterans
· House Bill (TBD), Relating to commercial driving licenses for persons of eighteen years of age (Pending Introduction)
Committee on Government Organization
2:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· HB 2528, Relating to employees of the Commissioner of Agriculture.
· HB 2696, Creating an additional index system for state-owned lands.
· HB 2601, Relating to the review and approval of state property leases.
· HB 2392, Allowing the Alcohol Beverage Control Commissioner to issue special one-day licenses for charitable events
Committee on Finance
2:00 p.m. - Room 460M
· S. B. 354, Expiring funds to balance of Auditor's Office - Chief Inspector's Fund.
· H. B. 2737, Relating to training of State Tax Division employees.
· H. B. 2545, Exempting recipients of the distinguished Purple Heart medal from payment of the vehicle registration fee.
· H. B. 2468, Department of Agriculture Capital Improvements Fund.
· H. B. 2546, Excluding from tax equipment installed in a motor vehicle for use of a person with a medical necessity.
Committee on Education
2:00 p.m. - Room 434M
· H. B. 2554, Relating to transfers and enrollment policies for students in public schools.
Fire Departments and Emergency Medical Services
4:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· House Bill 2687, Exempting law enforcement and emergency vehicles from paying turnpike tolls
· House Bill 2720, Authorizing certain investigators and first responders to carry firearms
· House Bill 2729, Recognition of Emergency Medical Services Personnel Licensure Interstate Compact
· House Bill 2439, Relating to fire service equipment and training funds for volunteer and part-volunteer fire companies
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
From the Activity Calendar:
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas
Independent Insurance Agents Legislative Reception