Here’s what’s scheduled for Thursday in the House of Delegates:
Thursday, January 31, 2019
23rd Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· S. B. 28 - Removing hotel occupancy tax limit collects for medical care and emergency services
· S. B. 177 - Fire Commission rule relating to State Building Code
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2010 - Relating to foster care
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2324 - Authorizing the acupuncture board to issue certificates to perform auricular acudetox therapy
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2503 - Relating to court actions
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2521 - Relating to permitting fur-bearer parts
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
· S. B. 27 - Removing restrictions on where certain traditional lottery games may be played (Finance Committee Amendment Pending)
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 255 - Relating to Emergency Medical Services Advisory Committee
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2001 - Creating a state income tax exemption for Social Security benefits received by certain taxpayers
· H. B. 2474 - Relating to a reserving methodology for health insurance and annuity contracts
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2476 - Relating to the valuation of a motor vehicle involved in an insurance claim
· H. B. 2478 - Modifying the Fair Trade Practices Act
· H. B. 2480 - Relating to the regulation of an internationally active insurance group
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2524 - Permitting a pharmacist to convert prescriptions authorizing refills under certain circumstances
· H. B. 2679 - Relating to state issued identification cards
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2607 - Relating to the licensure of nursing homes
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2612 - Proposing rules related to the completion or updating of source water protection plans
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
9:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· Originating a bill regarding opportunity zone tax incentives.
Banking & Insurance
10:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· H.B. 2608, Repealing the requirement of printing the date a consumer deposit account was opened on paper checks.
· H.B. 2538, Providing banking services for medical cannabis.
· H.B. 2609, Relating to presumptions of abandonment and indication of ownership in property.
· H.B. 2647, Self Storage Limited License Act.
Senior, Children, and Family Issues
1:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· H.B. 2614, Including undue influence as a factor in the definition of financial exploitation of an elderly person or protected person.
· H.B. 2618, Providing protective orders for victims of financial exploitation.
Committee on Health & Human Resources
2:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· HB 2515 - Exempting the sale and installation of mobility enhancing equipment from the sales and use tax (FIN)
· HB 2490 - Preventing proposing or enforcing rules that prevent recreational water facilities from making necessary upgrades
Committee on Energy
2:00 p.m. - Room 418M
· H. B. 2779, Providing that proceeds from certain oil and gas wells to persons whose name or address are unknown are to be kept in a special fund.
Prevention and Treatment of Substance Abuse
3:30 p.m. - Room 215E
· SB 62 - Requiring participation in drug court program before discharge of certain first-time drug offenses (2nd reference to Judiciary)
· HB 2397 - Requiring county school boards to provide adequate mental health and counseling services (2nd reference to Education)
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
From the Activity Calendar:
Christian Home Education Association Day
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas