Here’s what’s scheduled for Tuesday in the House of Delegates:
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
21st Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· Com. Sub. for S. B. 17 - Relating to probation eligibility
· S. B. 119 - Specifying documents not subject to discovery in certain proceedings
· S. B. 272 - Updating code relating to Commission on Special Investigations
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2083 - Providing an identification card for released inmates who do not have a West Virginia identification card or driver’s license
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2191 - Relating generally to limited video lottery
· H. B. 2514 - Permitting pawn brokers to disclose whether any specific property has been sold or pledged
· H. B. 2602 - Including possession of known stolen property in the offense of receiving or transferring stolen property
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2324 - Authorizing the acupuncture board to issue certificates to perform auricular acudetox therapy
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2407 - Relating to registered professional nurses
· H. B. 2492 - Relating to mandatory reporting procedures of abuse and neglect of adults and children
· H. B. 2510 - Relating to special funds of boards of examination or registration
· H. B. 2525 - Tobacco Cessation Therapy Access Act
· H. B. 2530 - Creating a voluntary certification for recovery residences
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2531 - Permitting trained nurses to provide mental health services in a medication-assisted treatment program
· H. B. 2559 - Requiring a special report by the Division of Personnel
· S. B. 28 - Removing hotel occupancy tax limit collects for medical care and emergency services (Finance Committee Amendment Pending)
· S. B. 177 - Fire Commission rule relating to State Building Code
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2010 - Relating to foster care
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2503 - Relating to court actions
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2521 - Relating to permitting fur-bearer parts
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Agriculture and Natural Resources
8:30 a.m. - Room 215E
· H. B. 2532, Allowing certain donations by persons renewing their driver’s license or vehicle registration.
· H. B. 2560, Relating to the operation of state-owned farms.
· H. B. 2528, Relating to employees of the Commissioner of Agriculture.
Natural Resources Bills:
· H. B. 2540, Prohibiting the waste of game animals, game birds or game fish.
Industry & Labor
10:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· House Bill 2365, Clarifying the definition of an employee for the purposes of unemployment compensation and workers’ compensation
· House Bill 2646, Providing a safe harbor for employers to correct underpayment or nonpayment of wages and benefits due to separated employees.
1:00 p.m. - Room 434M
***Agenda to be posted.***
Committee on Energy
2:00 p.m. - Room 418M
· H. B. 2673, Creating the Oil and Gas Abandoned Well Plugging Fund.
· HR 6, Recognizing the importance of West Virginia’s energy resources and critical energy infrastructure to support economic development and national security.
Committee on Health & Human Resources
2:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· HB 2612 - Proposing rules related to the completion or updating of source water protection plans
· HB 2651 - Relating to pharmacy benefit managers (2nd reference to Finance)
· HB 2674 - Creating a student loan repayment program for a mental health provider (2nd reference to Finance)
· HB 2607 - Relating to the licensure of nursing homes
Pensions & Retirement
4:00 p.m. - Room 460M
· Presentation by Jeffrey Fleck, Executive Director, Consolidated Public Retirement Board.
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
From the Activity Calendar:
Upshur County Day
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas
Lower Rotunda (1 Table)
West Virginia Chamber
WV Society of CPA’s Legislative Reception
WV Coal Association Legislative Reception
Charleston Civic Center