Here’s what’s scheduled for Thursday in the House of Delegates:
Thursday, January 24, 2019
16th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2005 - Broadband Expansion Act of 2019 [Amendments Pending]
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2346 - Changing the licensing requirement for certain casino employees
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2360 - Placing the Athletic Commission under the Lottery Commission
· H. B. 2412 - Relating to criminal acts concerning government procurement of commodities and services
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2422 - Relating to the time for the observation of “Celebrate Freedom Week”
· H. B. 2459 - Exercising authority to exempt individuals domiciled within the state from certain restrictions contained in federal law
· H. B. 2462 - Issuing a certificate to correctional employees to carry firearms
SECOND READING – Amendments Pending
· H. B. 2009 - Creating a new category of Innovation in Education grant program
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2435 - Authorizing Attorney General to prosecute violations of state criminal law recommended by the Commission on Special Investigations
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2446 - Blue Alert Plan
· H. B. 2509 - Clarifying that theft of a controlled substance is a felony
· H. B. 2527 - Relating to forgery and other crimes concerning lottery tickets
· H. B. 2036 - Permitting vehicles displaying disabled veterans' special registration plates to park in places where persons with mobility impairments may park
· H. B. 2209 - Allowing military veterans who meet certain qualifications to qualify for examination for license as an emergency medical technician (Veterans’ Affairs and Homeland Security Amendment Pending)
· H. B. 2547 - Relating to the election prohibition zone
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2600 - Relating to publication of sample ballots
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
9:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· H. B. 2478, Modifying the Fair Trade Practices Act.
· H. B. 2550, Creating a matching program for the Small Business Innovation and Research Program and the Small Business Technology Transfer Program.
Banking & Insurance
10:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· H.B. 2474, Relating to a reserving methodology for health insurance and annuity contracts
· H.B. 2476, Relating to the valuation of a motor vehicle involved in an insurance claim
· H.B. 2479, Corporate Governance Annual Disclosure Act
· H.B. 2480, Relating to the regulation of an internationally active insurance group
· H.B. 2536, Relating to the Mine Subsidence Insurance program
Senior, Children, and Family Issues
1:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· H.B. 2614, Including undue influence as a factor in the definition of financial exploitation of an elderly person or protected person.
· H.B. 2618, Providing protective orders for victims of financial exploitation.
Health & Human Resources
2:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· HB 2407 - Relating to registered professional nurses
· HB 2492 - Relating to mandatory reporting procedures of abuse and neglect of adults and children
· HB 2524 - Permitting a pharmacist to convert prescriptions authorizing refills under certain circumstances
· HB 2525 - Tobacco Cessation Therapy Access Act
· HB 2531 - Permitting trained nurses to provide mental health services in a medication-assisted treatment program
· HB 2530 - Creating a voluntary certification for recovery residences
Prevention and Treatment of Substance Abuse
3:30 p.m. - Room 215E
· Presentation by Brian Abraham, General Counsel, Office of the Governor
· Presentation by Will Thompson, Circuit Court Judge, Family Court
· Originating Bill - Family Drug Courts
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
From the Activity Calendar:
Patients-Research-Jobs: A WV Biopharmaceutical Briefing Breakfast
8 ‐ 9 a.m.
. WVU Day at the Legislature .
. Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas .
. (Editor’s Note: LET’S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!! 😊 ) .