Here’s what’s scheduled for Tuesday in the House of Delegates:
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
14th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2362 - Relating to procedures for voting an emergency absentee ballot by qualified voters
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2008 - Relating to nonpartisan election of justices of the Supreme Court of Appeals
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2095 - Assessing the college- and career-readiness of 11th and 12th grade students
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2193 - Providing a specific escheat of US savings bonds
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2423 - Prohibiting certain sex offenders from being in a supervisory position over children
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2005 - Broadband Expansion Act of 2019
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2346 - Changing the licensing requirement for certain casino employees
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2360 - Placing the Athletic Commission under the Lottery Commission
· H. B. 2412 - Relating to criminal acts concerning government procurement of commodities and services
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2422 - Relating to the time for the observation of “Celebrate Freedom Week”
· H. B. 2459 - Exercising authority to exempt individuals domiciled within the state from certain restrictions contained in federal law
· H. B. 2462 - Issuing a certificate to correctional employees to carry firearms
Committee on Health & Human Resources
9:00 a.m. - House Chamber
· H. B. 2010, Relating to foster care.
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Agriculture and Natural Resources
8:30 a.m. - Room 215E
· H. B. 2396, West Virginia Fresh Food Act.
· H. B. 2398, Exempting all-terrain vehicles and utility terrain vehicles used as farm equipment from the sales tax.
· H. B. 2468, Department of Agriculture Capital Improvements Fund.
· H. B. 2097, Relating to the hunting of coyotes.
· H. B. 2518, Authorizing the tracking of wounded or injured deer or bear with leashed dogs.
· H. B. 2521, Relating to permitting fur-bearer parts.
Industry & Labor
10:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· House Bill 2049, Relating to a prime contractor’s responsibility for wages and benefits
· House Bill 2470, Allowing public school education or employer-sponsored training programs to count towards occupational certification and/or licensure
· House Bill 2365, Clarifying the definition of an employee for the purposes of unemployment compensation and workers’ compensation
Committee on Rules
10:45 a.m. - Behind Chamber
1:00 p.m. - Room 432M
· House Bill 2091, Increasing the minimum number of magisterial districts in a county
· House Bill 2309, Allowing municipalities to cancel elections when only one person is running
· House Bill 2342, Taxation With Representation Act
Health & Human Resources
2:00 p.m. - Room 215E
· H. B. 2010, Relating to foster care. (3rd reference to Judiciary)
Pensions & Retirement
4:00 p.m. - Room 464M
· House Bill 2229, Adding violations of law upon which a public servant’s retirement plan may be forfeited.
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
From the Activity Calendar:
Preston County/Monongalia County Day
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas
Upper House Walkway (1 Table)