Here’s what’s scheduled for Friday in the House of Delegates:
Friday, January 18, 2019
10th Day of the Legislative Session
House to convene at 11 a.m. On the agenda:
THIRD READING – For Passage
· H. B. 2185 - Relating to the removal of animals left unattended in motor vehicles (Judiciary Committee Title Amendment Pending)
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2307 - Relating to creating a provisional license for practicing barbering and cosmetology
SECOND READING – Amendment Stage
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2190 - Modifying bail requirements
· H. B. 2311 - Exempting short-term license holders to submit information to the State Tax Commission once the term of the permit has expired
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2008 - Relating to nonpartisan election of justices of the Supreme Court of Appeals
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2193 - Providing a specific escheat of US savings bonds
· Com. Sub. for H. B. 2362 - Relating to procedures for voting an emergency absentee ballot by qualified voters
Committee Meetings Scheduled:
Committee on Finance
9:00 a.m. - Room 464M
· Budget Hearing for the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
Committee on the Judiciary
9:00 a.m. - Room 418M
· H. B. 2005 - Broadband Expansion Act of 2019,
· H. B. 2459 - Exercising authority to exempt individuals domiciled within the state from certain restrictions contained in federal law,
· H. B. 2462 - Issuing a certificate to correctional employees to carry firearms,
· H. B. 2446 - Blue Alert Plan,
· H. B. 2412 - Relating to criminal acts concerning government procurement of commodities and services,
· H. B. 2435 - Authorizing Attorney General to prosecute violations of state criminal law recommended by the Commission on Special Investigations
Committee on Education
9:00 a.m. - Room 432M
· H. B. 2415, Requiring the State Board of Education to adopt a policy detailing the appropriate level of computer science instruction.
· H. B. 2422, Relating to the time for the observation of “Celebrate Freedom Week”.
Committee on Government Organization
9:00 a.m. - Room 215E
· HB 2203, West Virginia Contractor Licensing Act. (JUD)
· HB 2346, Changing the licensing requirement for certain casino employees.
· HB 2360, Placing the Athletic Commission under the Lottery Commission.
· Originating HCR, Requesting the Joint Committee on Government and Finance study the impact of business regulations and economic incentives on business locating and remaining in West Virginia.
*** Agendas and times subject to change. ***
From the Activity Calendar:
Jefferson County Day
Upper House and Upper Senate Rotundas