Current Entries: Additional studies may be added by the President and the Speaker at a later date.
Joint Commission on Economic Development
- - Statewide fiber optic broadband infrastructure network
- - Strategies to assist and attract small businesses
- - Small business advocates
Joint Committee on Health
- - Public-private partnership model for the operation and maintenance of all or some of the State's hospitals and nursing facilities.
- - Pharmaceutical benefits management industry
- - Need for health insurance policies to provide adequate coverage to encourage adoption of abuse deterrent formulation technologies for opiods in order to assist in the state's continuing efforts to eliminate prescription drug abuse.
- - Health Care Authority and certificate of need process
- - Managed health care system within the Bureau for Medical Services
- - State hospitals related to the Hartley case.
- - Insurers cover topical ophthalmic treatment early refills in a manner similar to or consistent with CMS guidelines.
- - Access costs associated with cancer clinical trials
- - Study of school based medicaid programs
- - Drug testing for welfare recipients and/or for teens obtaining a driver's license.
- - Teen pregnancy rates in WV
Joint Select Committee on Tax Reform
- - Comprehensive tax reform
- - Authorizing Joint Select Committee on Tax Reform
Joint Standing Committee on Education
- - State Funding for school bus replacement
- - Study expansion of outcomes of MU Luke Lee Listening, Language and Learning Lab
- - Reducing the budget of the State Board of Education and redirecting funds towards increasing teacher salaries.
- - GED test for home schooled students
- - Teacher preparation programs
Joint Standing Committee on Energy
- - Leasing of oil and gas mineral rights on state lands
- - Coal safety regulations
- - Disparity in gasoline prices
- - Natural gas self-reporting
Joint Standing Committee on Finance
- - Study of racing and gaming industries
- - Study of increase of state government budget and spending transparency.
- - Reducing Instances of Unclassified Spending
- - Undeveloped land preservation and conservation tax credit
- - Highway and Bridge revenue sources
- - Increase in Homestead Exemption
- - Requesting study on the collection, distribution and use of telecommunications fee revenues
- - Conducting a study of creating a Statewide Interoperable Radio Network
Joint Standing Committee on Government Organization
- - Applicability and reform of purchasing regulations
- - Impact of admitting all Class I, II, III and IV municipalities to the Municipal Home Rule Pilot Program
- - Public access to all ordinances, rules and regulations adopted by a county commission in one location
- - Making all hunting and fishing licenses valid for a period of one year from date of issue.
- - Reducing or eliminating the need for certain hunting, fishing, and trapping licenses.
- - Agreements between county commissions and municipalities regarding demolition of buildings unfit for human habitation.
- - Audits of State Government agencies
Joint Standing Committee on Pensions and Retirement
- - Potential improvements to pensions for retired teachers and public employees who have been retired for ten or more years
- - Needs, challenges, and issues facing municipalities in this state as to the funding of their police and firefighter pension plans
Joint Standing Committee on the Judiciary
- - Policies regarding sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking at public colleges in the state.
- - Paycheck Protection legislation
- - Campaign Finance reform legislation
- - Ethics/Integrity reform legislation
- - Intermediate Appellate Courts
- - Collateral Source Doctrine
- - State Police: Increased options for dealing with drug cash transfers via gift cards/Western Union cards.
- - Treatment of certain non-violent, non-drug felony records.
- - Creation of Office of Inspector General
- - Review of Justice Reinvestment Act
Select Committee on PEIA, Seniors and Long Term Care
- - Issues, needs, and challenges facing senior citizens in the state.
- - Current law, procedure, and public services intended to protect against senior citizen financial abuse and exploitation.
Select Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- - Issues facing military veterans and active duty service personnel